• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Similar to MTPM's Nookingtons Thread, Pipeline Proposals encourages all members to recommend decent ideas to the crew for consideration.

Here you may suggest all kinds of things for the greater good of the website. Everything from a minor change such as the postbit or smilies to something major such as new features or a better Forum organization.

Anywho, chop chop!

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Nintendo Pipeline Proposals

-List of upcoming releases, anticipated titles, etcetera kept in the Calendar.
-Maybe the most recent post (or just most recent post on the Bulletin?)?
- Rather than "Happy New Year", I think a reference to LoZ:MM would be more fitting.
Namely: "Final Day - 24 Hours Remain" :PPP

Acgamer
Acgamer

Funny Title

• Armos Knight
  • 3,147 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

Move/Add a "Today's Birthdays" under the "Latest News" and "Latest Previews".

Posted Image

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

Move/Add a "Today's Birthdays" under the "Latest News" and "Latest Previews".

If/When I make a community home page I may add that, but it won't be going on the home page.

Posted Image

BobSuperJr
BobSuperJr

Awesomenes [On] Off

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,425 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

I thihnk that with the images on the homepage that scroll through, you should be able to click on them for a preview/review/news article or something like that. Obviously, we would need more writers to the site if we wanted to do that, but I think it would be a nice addition.

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

I thihnk that with the images on the homepage that scroll through, you should be able to click on them for a preview/review/news article or something like that. Obviously, we would need more writers to the site if we wanted to do that, but I think it would be a nice addition.

Will happen if there is an article relating to it as those were just for testing, and no we don't really need more writers right now.;)

Posted Image

BobSuperJr
BobSuperJr

Awesomenes [On] Off

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,425 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

I think that the postbit is the place to the left of each post, correct? If it isn't, well whatever that's called, I think the format should go like this

BobSuperJr
Personal Message OR Rank

At the bottom, above the 'KARMA' and 'REPORT' buttons, Star Points.

Either above or below star points, Rep.

I think that for the star points, there should be a contest similar to the adept rank contest, and the spoiler button (That hasen't been put in yet) for a star, or we could just recolor the Adept Rank star to yellow. I think that would look a lot better than having the words: Star Points.

EDIT: I also think that the contact buttons (Skype, MSN, Yahoo, AIM) should be removed and just be in the person's profile.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

I think that the postbit is the place to the left of each post, correct? If it isn't, well whatever that's called, I think the format should go like this

BobSuperJr
Personal Message OR Rank

The rank, in my opinion, NEEDS to be displayed. No two ways around that.

At the bottom, above the 'KARMA' and 'REPORT' buttons, Star Points.

Either above or below star points, Rep.

Actually, I prefer having the majority of the info at the top of the postbit. It would look too split up if half of it was at the bottom and half at the top.

I think that for the star points, there should be a contest similar to the adept rank contest, and the spoiler button (That hasen't been put in yet) for a star, or we could just recolor the Adept Rank star to yellow. I think that would look a lot better than having the words: Star Points.

I prefer the words. A yellow adept star would look out of place.

EDIT: I also think that the contact buttons (Skype, MSN, Yahoo, AIM) should be removed and just be in the person's profile.

This I DO agree with. They're quite unnecessary in every post. I wouldn't mind if join date wasn't displayed in the postbit either.

Feedback on other people's ideas is allowed here, correct? ^^

BobSuperJr
BobSuperJr

Awesomenes [On] Off

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,425 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:05 PM

You make a good point, MtPM. I think that with the stuff at the top and bottom should actually be like where the rep bar is. I was just looking at a short post when I was posting my previous post (:P) and when I look at your post that you made, which is longer, I think that it should either be at the top or right below the avatar.

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

Feedback on other people's ideas is allowed here, correct? ^^

Absolutely! :)

As for the contact buttons, I couldn't agree more. And I sort of like the idea of moving the information below the avatar. But whichever, I'm fine with.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

I think that the new forum skin should get some shnazzy new icons, instead of the large 8-bit ones. Although they worked well with the simple NP Lite skin, a smoother icon would look better on the new, clean skin. In fact, the ones on the black and red skin would work quite nicely!

Posted Image
Posted Image

We'd have to get rid of the dark area around them, of course. ;)

BobSuperJr
BobSuperJr

Awesomenes [On] Off

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,425 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

I think that the new forum skin should get some shnazzy new icons, instead of the large 8-bit ones. Although they worked well with the simple NP Lite skin, a smoother icon would look better on the new, clean skin. In fact, the ones on the black and red skin would work quite nicely!

Posted Image
Posted Image

We'd have to get rid of the dark area around them, of course. ;)

I agree that those would work great, but I think we should have a contest for designing them, and then in the poll we would include those in. I think we should have a contest for SOMETHING soon, because there hasn't been one for at least 3 months. Plus, contests are fun!

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

I agree that those would work great, but I think we should have a contest for designing them, and then in the poll we would include those in. I think we should have a contest for SOMETHING soon, because there hasn't been one for at least 3 months. Plus, contests are fun!

I agree, a contest would be fun.

I also think that the handy user bar (Welcome back, username) found at the top of the main site should be on the forum as well. Not much else to say on the subject of that. :P

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

I can agree with the icons thing. Actually, it is the #1 reason why I don't like the other skin. I can't stand looking at it's 8-bit form.
A contest to design a set I think would be nice as well. Maybe somebody can make something even better than those 2 icons posted above.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

Oh! I just thought of something that would be quite nice.

I know this is a little soon to be asking for new skins, but I'd like to get the word out there, regardless of if it's done or not. Actually, I think it'd be quite simple.

Think about the new skin - other than the red links and the red mushrooms, black and white are the only other colors. So why not have several different color variations of the "omega" skin? You could switch out the board icons, change the link colors and bam! New skin. Even better, it still operates flawlessly with the main site. Whaddya think? :D

Edit: Mock image up!

Posted Image

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

I know this is a little soon to be asking for new skins, but I'd like to get the word out there, regardless of if it's done or not. Actually, I think it'd be quite simple.

Think about the new skin - other than the red links and the red mushrooms, black and white are the only other colors. So why not have several different color variations of the "omega" skin? You could switch out the board icons, change the link colors and bam! New skin. Even better, it still operates flawlessly with the main site. Whaddya think? :D

Posted Image

Now there's an idea!:rep: Now that you say that, yeah!, there are only black and white other than the red. I realize you can't put every color but why not have some variety?

As for the classic 8bit styled mushroom, I sort of agree here. Both look nice, but a more modern would definitely be a good touch up.

A contest would be good. But how could you make a plain, old mushroom look any better?:yoshitounge:

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

Too much effort for just different link colors...:

Posted Image

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

You know what? True that. What do you say on the modern styled mushroom rather than the 8bit?

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

You know what? True that. What do you say on the modern styled mushroom rather than the 8bit?

Yes, we'll be changing those....

Posted Image

Acgamer
Acgamer

Funny Title

• Armos Knight
  • 3,147 Posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

Yes, we'll be changing those....

Haven't they already been changed? I can see a modern one, not an 8-Bit.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users