• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

evilkillerbunny
evilkillerbunny

Goomba

• Waddle Dee
  • 24 Posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

Oops forgot to say Grandia is for PS1 also.. I'm probably only supposed to say NINTENDO games XD

Dan the man
Dan the man

Goomba

• Shy Guy
  • 28 Posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

Well there have only been a few challenging games for me from Nintendo. The most challenging were semi-old school onces such as The Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario 64. I can remember Twilight Princess also giving me some trouble when I played it, and I'm sure Super Mario Galaxy would have too if I actually ever got into it(I lost interest about 2 hours in). But the most struggle that I've had from video games have come from first person shooters. I'm very good at them so I always play them on the hardest difficulty. The ones that I can remember being specifically hard were Halo 3 and both Call of Duty 4 and 5.

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

• Lunar: Eternal Blue (God those bosses are too hard)
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Final Fantasy III (DS)
  • Expert on Guitar Hero III (Wii)
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Grandia (I have beaten it before though :D AWESOME GAME!)

The Lunar is for PS1.. I was just saying that IT IS TOO HARD!

You had trouble with Chrono Trigger? XD What did you have trouble with? I could probably help you out some.

AlphaBlue-09
AlphaBlue-09

Troll, Retired

• Koopa Troopa
  • 628 Posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

• Super Mario Bros. (NES) - I don't think this one needs to be explained.

Hyrule Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda (NES) - This **** was hard. Really hard. As in I actually died.
  • Battletoads (SNES) - Yeeeeaaah. Let's not go there. Ever again.
  • Prince of Persia (NES, SNES) - That's right. The original. And the first sequel, The Shadow and the Flame. Those were real platforming games. PoP was never about the combat, Ubisoft! Did Broderbund not tell you that? I preferred these on MS-DOS and PC, to be honest, but that's just because the keyboard felt more natural to me.
  • Banjo-Kazooie (N64) - Took me forever. And I loved every minute of it.

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

• Super Mario Bros. (NES) - I don't think this one needs to be explained.

Hyrule Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda (NES) - This **** was hard. Really hard. As in I actually died.
  • Battletoads (SNES) - Yeeeeaaah. Let's not go there. Ever again.
  • Prince of Persia (NES, SNES) - That's right. The original. And the first sequel, The Shadow and the Flame. Those were real games. I preferred these on MS-DOS and PC, to be honest, but that's just because the keyboard felt more natural to me.

I remember that game! XD It was really hard... I played the MS-DOS version.

I always died after a few screens. There was either this guy with a sword who'd chop me up, or some spikes to impale the poor prince. The controls were really difficult, too. The floors of the dungeon must be extremely slippery seeing how long it takes him to stop moving. :/ Sometimes I just wish that you could walk. I could never get jumping down either, since he waited a few seconds before jumping when I pressed the space bar or whatever (I forget).

Oh, and that first drop? Is there a way to do that without taking any damage? Because the screen ALWAYS flashes red and I'm like, cool, I just died a little because the game forced me to. >_>

Posted Image

evilkillerbunny
evilkillerbunny

Goomba

• Waddle Dee
  • 24 Posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:22 PM

I put Chrono Trigger on there? Oops XD. I meant it was challenging. Not THE hardest game I have ever played. I'm just stuck at a certain boss. I don't have much of a strategy in most games... I just attack without thinking most of the time. Btw, I WANT GRANDIA BADLY!!!!!
Posted Image

Notes about this picture:

Background and
Original Sprites: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Yoshi edited by me. I'll post it on the art board methinks.

That thing in Mario's hands is a trophy, and what's-his-face in the right corner is crying.

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:17 AM

Hardest game ever: Metroid - NES. Seriously, it's the hardest game I've ever played. Not only will you die; a lot. But even if you have all 6 energy tanks, when you die, you get 30 health units. For those of you who aren't big Metroid fans like me, 1 energy tank = 100 health units. When you have 6 energy tanks, you have 700 health units. So, respawning with 30 is... not so fun. Not to mention your missile count is lost.
Oh, and the hardest part of all: no map, no directions, and no easy way to beat bosses.
More often than not, the only way to beat a boss is by pummeling it with missiles, hoping you miss the projectiles it's spitting back at you. That is, if you can FIND the boss.

Second Hardest game ever: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on Hard mode - GCN. I'm still stuck on the Boost Ball Guardian battle on hard mode. And I've been there for two years... If that isn't hard, than nothing is.

Third Hardest game ever: The Legend of Zelda - NES. It drops you in the world and says, "Go." No directions to the first dungeon, no clues as to what you need to do, and the enemies kill you really quickly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.

MrKnowNothing
MrKnowNothing

CLOSE YOUR WHOLE FACE

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,890 Posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

Umm, I had trouble with...

SM64
OoT
WindWaker
Metroid Prime 3- Still stuck on the 2nd world with the lizards
The last 2 performances on GH.

Yubba_Bubba_MAX
Yubba_Bubba_MAX

Mr Farglenaut

• Koopa Troopa
  • 621 Posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

I have a list of the hardest games for me. Here it is:

Donkey Kong 64-- Actually, after all these years of having it, I still haven't beaten it. Course, I haven't played it in forever, either. But, whenever I got to the boss of Fungi Forest, I could NEVER beat him.

Donkey Kong Country-- I've never beaten this one, either. But, I died A LOT! It has also been a long time since I played it.

Super Mario 64-- Well, basically I'm saying that it was really hard for me to get 100 stars.

And that's all I can remember. I'll put more up once I think of 'em.

Mysig_zpsf5b3ee47.png

m0h7kRZ.png

SlasherBar2.pngBijulLT.png

chocobocharmer
chocobocharmer

Goomba

• Waddle Dee
  • 12 Posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

Battletoads is a given and I've had a terrible time with Castlevania I and III. I can get to Dracula's 2nd form, but that's it. I think games have gotten too easy over the years making people (myself included) impatient. The challenge back then was actually a good thing.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

I've never played banjo-Kazooie, only Tooie, and I must say it was one of my favorites on the N64. Unfortunatly, I never beat it because I never found the suction cup shoes (never did think to look online for help). If Nintendo would put both those games on the Wii Shop, I'd buy them all over again - at least Tooie.

rock39
rock39

Homing Rocket Shotgunner

• Cheep-Cheep
  • 59 Posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

Hardest games ever:
Ghosts and Goblins
F-Zero GX
and any Contra game

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,757 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

F-Zero GX

I agree. Story mode= pain. Grand prix on high difficulty (e.g. expert)= pain. Especially that one difficulty where you can get the special videos. Master level, I think it was. MUST CONSTANTLY HIT TURBO ON COURSE WITH NO WALLS TO BEAT COMPUTERS. Ooooh crash, you fail. Continue? :P

rock39
rock39

Homing Rocket Shotgunner

• Cheep-Cheep
  • 59 Posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

I agree. Story mode= pain. Grand prix on high difficulty (e.g. expert)= pain. Especially that one difficulty where you can get the special videos. Master level, I think it was. MUST CONSTANTLY HIT TURBO ON COURSE WITH NO WALLS TO BEAT COMPUTERS. Ooooh crash, you fail. Continue? :P

Yeah, never had I played a racing game with the same kind of intensity as one of my ridiculously fast paced shooting games.

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

Super mario bros 2.
(not the doki doki panic one)

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

Okay, I don't mean to brag, but I'm a bit of a Pro.

Games I've beat:
(NES)
Battletoads
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Most of the RPGs (Mother, Final Fantasys etc.)
Mario 2 (JP)
Zelda 2
Ghosts and Goblins
Contra
Contra Force
Silver Surfer

Countless others.

Others:
I wanna be the guy
Through The Fire and Flames (Expert)

I play difficult games. Just difficult games. You "hardcore" gamers today are going soft. There is no challenge in the current generation of games.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Ghouls and Ghosts was a pretty hard one and the original Castlevaina. I've beaten those. Also I guess I'd say the original Duke Nukem games on the PC. I've beaten those.

Other then that I don't think I play overly difficult games and most my RPGs I just play on easy because I don't play games for the challenge but for the stories now.

All-Star
All-Star

Would You Kindly

• Monty Mole
  • 312 Posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:48 AM

The Donkey Kong Country games were always hard for me.

SmashFan2005
SmashFan2005

Gregg, The Grim Reaper.

• Kremling
  • 1,111 Posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:35 PM

You guys are all wusses, XDD

NetHack is one of the hardest games in the world. If anyone knows what a rogue-like is, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Only a few million souls around the world have beaten it. How's that for difficult? :)

Posted Image

If you mean console games, F-Zero GX was pretty insane. Most, if not all, games today are too easy.

If there's one thing no one does better than Smashfan, it's writing a brutally gory scene using cuddly, anthropomorphic characters.

The Darkside of Star Fox: Seething Betrayal *Chapter 6 Released!*
[img]http://i47.photobuck..._1992/smash.png[/img][img]http://img.photobuck...eline/Yoshi.png[/img][img]http://img.photobuck...MafiaPlayer.gif[/img] [img]http://img.photobuck...line/FanFic.gif[/img]
Pokemon Pearl FC: 3910-5123-5326 Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-8736-2087
AC:CF: FC: 3351-7583-6492

Razor Bern
Razor Bern

Pirate

• Ike
  • 9,443 Posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

TMNT for the original NES. That game for me was insane.

ShulkSignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users