• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

Lament's pretty cool story-wise (what little story it has, anyways), Curse of Darkness is easily one of my favorites, and Judgement is still a mystery. :0

Judgement LOOKS pretty fun. I'll probably get it once it's a bit cheaper.

Judgement does look fun. 0: I'll probably end up renting it someday.

Lament's story interests me, but I don't know when I'll get around to getting it (So much I want at the moment), and then Curse just looks really fun. 0:

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,536 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

Judgement does look fun. 0: I'll probably end up renting it someday.

Yeah... From what I've heard, renting is the best idea.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Marth219
Marth219

Amazing Grace

• Monty Mole
  • 383 Posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

Decho, did you ever end up finishing Ecclesia?
~STILL Russia Chick's No. 1 Fan! Yep, My passion's still going strong!~

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

Decho, did you ever end up finishing Ecclesia?

Yeah, I did. I loved that game so much. I need to play through the "extra" mode soon.

Marth219
Marth219

Amazing Grace

• Monty Mole
  • 383 Posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, I did. I loved that game so much. I need to play through the "extra" mode soon.

I agree, it's an excellent game. I haven't finished it, though... I was stuck on the fight against Blackmore for quite a while.

Stupid Blackmore. D:

PsychoDuck
PsychoDuck

A duck what acts crazy-like

• Pikachu
  • 8,536 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

I agree, it's an excellent game. I haven't finished it, though... I was stuck on the fight against Blackmore for quite a while.

Stupid Blackmore. D:

Blackmore is racist. He should change his name to African-Americanmore.

And no, I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.

Oi00g.png

(2009-2013)

TwitterYoutube

The Duck Has Spoken.

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

I've played a few NES games, some of them I haven't enjoyed at all because of the insane difficulty, but others such as Mario and LoZ are pretty fun because you get to see a franchise's roots.

Posted Image

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

Stupid Blackmore. D:

Blackmore... words cannot express how much I hated Blackmore. D:<

Marth219
Marth219

Amazing Grace

• Monty Mole
  • 383 Posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

Blackmore... words cannot express how much I hated Blackmore. D:<

Well said, my friend... Well said.

Getting back on topic.. does anyone have any suggestions for some NES games that would be fun playing through? (Besides Mega Man, FF, LoZ, etc...)

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

Well said, my friend... Well said.

Getting back on topic.. does anyone have any suggestions for some NES games that would be fun playing through? (Besides Mega Man, FF, LoZ, etc...)

Well, there's Bomberman, TMNT, Home Alone, Ghost Busters, Duck Tales, etc. Those good enough for you?

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Marth219
Marth219

Amazing Grace

• Monty Mole
  • 383 Posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

I played all of those games when I was younger, with the exceptions of Home Alone and Ghost Busters. Duck Tales was surprisingly fun, eh?

River City Ransom's a fun NES game... if you have the patience to deal with cheap game overs. XD
The GBA remake of it was pretty good, but I think it's about time that they develop an actual sequel to it.

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

Games for the NES I can't get enough of (Also beat without guides)
a few off the top of the head
Zelda + Zelda 2
Battletoads
Super mario bros. 3
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Castlevania 1 + 3 (NOT SIMON'S QUEST! AWFUL GAME!)

People don't get it nowadays. It's not about beating the game, it's about having fun with it.
The few times I have used guides for games have led me to give up entirely and almost begin to hate playing the game. They remove the whole sense of accomplishment you get from beating games like Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads.

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

Some I do. Megaman 2 is a very good (and quite fun) game....
Whats Good

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Wow talk about a grave dig o.o

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Wow talk about a grave dig o.o

There could be worse and....it's not like this is the most active forum. I don't see any personal harm in having necroed this...

Why not just answer the question rather than point a fact?
Whats Good

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

Well my answer would have to be no for the most part. The NES didn't really have to many memorable games for me personally.

Razor Bern
Razor Bern

Pirate

• Ike
  • 9,443 Posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Heck yeah. It's the first system I ever owned. I think every game I had I enjoyed since I didn't really know what was considered crap at the time. Now however is a different story.

ShulkSignature.jpg

nesfan
nesfan

Goomba

• Goomba
  • 7 Posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

I still play the old NES games to this day. I find the older games were limited to what they could do so the main focus was entertainment and fun. Today's games focus on graphics and most of them lack the gameplay of the older games.

Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of new games that are awesome. I just find too many of them rely solely on graphics.

China Cat Sunflower
China Cat Sunflower

Changing this would help

• Rattata
  • 190 Posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:24 PM

I don't know if it's still on this forum, it must have been over a year ago, but I posted an NES top 50 review. I've played over 1800 NES games XD isn't that nuts? most are terrible but I love the system so much I can have fun with any game for at least fifteen minutes. I like simplistic games that you can legitimately get good at. Some games these days are so much story and process matching that you cannot actually "get good" at them. How are you good at modern final fantasy or 3D user-friendly mario games such as Super Mario Sunshine? all you can do is memorize the techniques, where all the stars are and you can't actually get good at the game.

I can say that I'm one of what is definetely under 1000 people that has beat Metalstorm on hard mode, might even be under one or two hundred. There aren't many games on the planet you can say that about, and the reason I have is because I'm legitimately good at a game. Of course, since I spent all my time playing that one I'm only good at a handful of NES games. a lot of people are good at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a ridiculously hard game, and can beat it, something most modern video game enthusiasts can't even dream of doing because all of their games are more memorization and looking up guides than actually praciting and learning how to play, which can be boring to many people.

Hehe, I just hated on modern video games. The only modern games I play these days have to do with building personal stuffs, like Minecraft, Animal Crossing, Age of Empires and Tycoon games. After that, my entire collection is NES and pre-gameboy color gameboy games XD. I guess I just like being good at Metalstorm.

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,457 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

It depends really. I don't really enjoy that many of them, lest it have a good reason to play it. Nostalgia, Co-op, etc.

But I didn't really play that many so the only ones I have now are the ones where you can rack up a score.

hA0AZYy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users