• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

maybe a rap-off thing? How about best 8-bit or 16-bit music mixer? I dunno.

2rcwyzs.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

Yeah I was thinking of something like a music month would be cool with different categories.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

Okay below is an example of how the thread could work. Perhaps we have a theme for each month and different choices of contests that users can do to win the rank...

Posted Image

You want to be come the top contestant on Pipeline? You want to be best of the best, king of the world? Okay perhaps not the world, but you can try your hand out our monthly contests to win great prizes and really show community spirit!

Month of January:

A blustery cold month for most on our forum, and our pipes are becoming frozen. We need the creative users of the forum to ban together and unclog them so we can travel from board to board freely once more. Question is though, how on earth are we going to accomplish this???

Rumor has it that in order to unfreeze the pipes, we need to warm them up. I've heard that music can melt a persons heart and make them happy. I wonder if that would work on the pipes? Well it's worth a shot!

Your goal: Melt the frozen pipes of the pipeline.

How to do this:

• Write a song about the forum
  • Piece together an 8-bit song
  • Create a YouTube video about the forum

Above are 3 contest choices for the month. You can only win one of them, but you're free to enter all 3. There will be one winner for each all receiving the special rank for this month. You will have until the third Saturday of the month to complete the contest. Good luck to all and have fun!

Deadline:

So yeah that's the general idea of it. Make a fun little story behind the contest if you want, give a few different choices so that people have more chances to win.

I hope this helps to get things started.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

Great idea, although if something like a contest for music were to be done, it should also include a link for some program a user can use in which they can create the music with. Should also add in some appeal so that even users who don't have writing or musical skills may join and at least have fun with it.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Yeah I do kind of doubt that every month each set of contests is going to be able to hit on every persons skills. I'd say that 3 contests with 3 winners each month should be good and each month should mix up the skills needed to participate. I also think that some blind drawing contests would be fun to add in there as well since those don't take any skill hahaha

But just an example for the staff to work with. We'll have to see what they come up with.

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

A song might be too complicated. We have to keep it simple, yet still fun.

I'll see if I can get something going. Perhaps we can have something up by Christmas or New Years. :aww:

Posted Image

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

I suggest a permanent rank for whoever gets into the champions station in battle subway.
To do this you need to be one of the top 10k in the world. In wi-fi battle subway.

The rank should be "Pokémon Master" With a masterball by the name, more sig space, and limited moderation powers of the Pokemon section of the site.

Also i pmed this suggestion to the staff already.

And for proof you videotape your whole run and submit it.

2rcwyzs.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

I don't think a perm rank is a good idea. We have the Sage rank as a perm rank already and when it's something not everyone can participate in it it's rather discouraging.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Decho our amazing new contest event person...

Can we have a contest to create new smiles for the forum? :3

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

I can't guarantee that they'll be implemented, but sure. I'll get to making something for that. <3 Feel free to suggest any others, too. I would like to run one at a time, but a smiley set would take a while, so I wouldn't be opposed to running a more passive one on the side.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

That's true, but perhaps you could at least get one smile from the set put in if the whole set doesn't make. But it would be fun regardless. Thanks ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users