Photo

Banjo-Kazooie Vs Banjo-Tooie

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game did you prefer? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game did you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

Former Administrator, '09.

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

Which did you prefer?

Banjo-Kazooie was a very popular platformer back in the day, and rivaled that of Super Mario 64. Being one of the top-selling games of all time, this game took platforming to new heights with it's humorous scripting, characters, and it's interesting art direction. The levels were challenging-- and still are, they were designed well with the Nintendo 64's capabilities in mind, and even had well-written musical scores that are much better than even games of today.

Banjo-Tooie took all of that which was B-K, and improved upon it. It improved the texturing (with the Expansion Pak), it made the levels much bigger and more complex, improved the moves and found ways to make NEW moves on top of all of those. Not only, but the overall freedom that was in Banj-Kazooie was improved so much; they even added the levels in such a way that you had to go through several to get one jiggy! The way they did it, it seemed like the world of B-T actually was a world.

Anyway, which do enjoy more?

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

I loved both very much, but I went with BT, the reasons being all of which you explained in the summaries.
I still have those games around here somewhere...Just don't know where. I've been wanting to play them again for a long time.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

I loved both very much, but I went with BT, the reasons being all of which you explained in the summaries.
I still have those games around here somewhere...Just don't know where. I've been wanting to play them again for a long time.

Yeah, so have I. Unfortunatelty, both my Jumper Pak and Expansion Paks are heated-out, meaning they're slower than normal. As well, all 6 of my controllers are now defunct from being overused. I've logged well over 2500 hours (combined on all my save files on all 62 of my games, haha.

I've been meaning to buy a couple of new Expansion Paks and 4 new controllers from the Nintendo Store (they still sell them!!!), but I've just not had the spare money or the time (when I've had the money). I've been paying for College and stuff. D:

Really wicked games though.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, so have I. Unfortunatelty, both my Jumper Pak and Expansion Paks are heated-out, meaning they're slower than normal. As well, all 6 of my controllers are now defunct from being overused. I've logged well over 2500 hours (combined on all my save files on all 62 of my games, haha.

I've been meaning to buy a couple of new Expansion Paks and 4 new controllers from the Nintendo Store (they still sell them!!!), but I've just not had the spare money or the time (when I've had the money). I've been paying for College and stuff. D:

Really wicked games though.

I still have a couple expansion paks and a jumper pak that work fine. And I have 10 N64 controllers, although only 4 actually work now. I have no clue how many hours I would have logged, but I think I only have like 30 games or something. I still play the N64 on occasion and even my youngest bro does too. And I currently have an overwhelming urge to play the BK and BT games now, just from this thread. I bet the games are somewhere in the garage, but there's so many things in there that you can't even walk in it, literally. Everything's stacked almost to the ceiling.

Oh, and good luck with paying for college. That stuff gets expensive.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Epona
Epona

...life could be simple.

• Armos Knight
  • 3,212 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

I definitely liked Banjo Kazooie better. I got it for Christmas with my N64, and I just went to town. My family would watch me play it sometimes. <3 BK.

I might go back and play that now. YAY FOR SATURDAYS WITH NOTHING TO DO! :D

WingedYoshi
WingedYoshi

• Moblin
  • 2,629 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

I still have a couple expansion paks and a jumper pak that work fine. And I have 10 N64 controllers, although only 4 actually work now. I have no clue how many hours I would have logged, but I think I only have like 30 games or something. I still play the N64 on occasion and even my youngest bro does too. And I currently have an overwhelming urge to play the BK and BT games now, just from this thread. I bet the games are somewhere in the garage, but there's so many things in there that you can't even walk in it, literally. Everything's stacked almost to the ceiling.

Oh, and good luck with paying for college. That stuff gets expensive.

Haha yeah man. My course is nearly $9,000, and lodging is even more. D: Like 4,500 for the year or something, full time. It's a three-year course.

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

I would definitely say that Banjo-Tooie is my favorite. Since I played through that one first on accident, I experienced its amazingness first. I later played through Banjo-Kazooie and loved it, though I was used to several things from Banjo-Tooie, like not having to start over on your note count after leaving and re-entering the level.

I <3 these games. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

I've always meant to try these games but I've never had the correct systems. I hear they're amazing.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

*HUUUUUUUUFFFFF* ...yay

• Kremling
  • 1,151 Posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

Nuts and Bolts
*is shot*
Posted Image
Clicky Clicky!

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:05 AM

Actually, Nuts & Bolts really wasn't that bad after I got used to making my own vehicles. I really enjoyed it. Granted, I didn't think it was quite as good as the other two, but I didn't think it was bad. Especially once I found Klungo's arcade.

Klungo issssss teh bessssst hero in game! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Epona
Epona

...life could be simple.

• Armos Knight
  • 3,212 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Actually, Nuts & Bolts really wasn't that bad after I got used to making my own vehicles. I really enjoyed it. Granted, I didn't think it was quite as good as the other two, but I didn't think it was bad. Especially once I found Klungo's arcade.

Klungo issssss teh bessssst hero in game! :D

But it was really different from the N64 ones, at least so I hear...

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:52 AM

But it was really different from the N64 ones, at least so I hear...

Oh, was it different, lol. Instead of being a platformer worthy to compete with Mario, it became almost a mini-game based vehicle creating game. Which, while the concept wasn't bad at all, I wish they would have chosen something other than BK to do it. That being said, I really did enjoy this game. The late-game challenges are really hard, lol. Especially when you want all the T.T. Trophies...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dil
Dil

Fierce Smizing Glamazon Top Model

• Kremling
  • 1,090 Posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:05 AM

I said BT because that's the only one I can remember part of. I played both but it was sooooooo long ago. I only remember the quiz thing were you have to beat Grunty's sisters. Don't know why that's the one thing I remeber but I digress...

Honestly, I barely remember my N64 years outside of Mario Parties and Snowboard Kids. :sadc:

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:11 AM

I said BT because that's the only one I can remember part of. I played both but it was sooooooo long ago. I only remember the quiz thing were you have to beat Grunty's sisters. Don't know why that's the one thing I remeber but I digress...

Honestly, I barely remember my N64 years outside of Mario Parties and Snowboard Kids. :sadc:

Snowboard Kids 2 was amazing. As was Mario Party 2. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:45 AM

I've only owned Banjo Tooie (got it at a flea market for really cheap).

Never beat it though. I could never find the suction cup shoes. EVER. It also never crossed my mind that I could look to Google for help because I was so young. Oh well, guess I'll get it on the Virtual Console if/when it ever comes out.

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

I'm gonna have to go with Banjo-Kazooie on this one. It introduced me to the world of gaming, and I played it for years and years. Banjo-Tooie certainly improved many aspects of Banjo-Kazooie (it's the perfect example of a sequel done the right way), but Banjo-Kazooie's charm will always stick with me. I get so nostalgic when I think about playing that game as a child.

Cajuntagious
Cajuntagious

The Midnight Bacon Bandit

• Moblin
  • 2,617 Posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

I voted for Banjo-Kazooie. :D

Ben
Ben

Koopaling

• Koopa Troopa
  • 637 Posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

Banjo-Tooie.

Had much cooler places in my opinion, and overall just more things to do.
Both are great games though. Me and my brother use to play them for hours on the nintendo 64 back when they first came out.
We eventually 100% the game which took like forever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

M-Pyre
M-Pyre

Eater of the Awesome-Awesome Fruit

• Rattata
  • 131 Posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

I loved them both, but if I remember correctly, BT was my favorite. I just loved the new stuff they added in, the different transformations and whatnot.

UBISCOTT
UBISCOTT

Waddle Dee

• Bob-omb
  • 97 Posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

I liked Banjo Tooie because it was the only one we owned. I've played Banjo-Kazooie but it just doesn't compare to the hours I played multiplayer with my friends. :pleased:
I have all signatures, and no signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users