Photo

Banjo-Kazooie Vs Banjo-Tooie

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game did you prefer? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game did you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Epona
Epona

...life could be simple.

• Armos Knight
  • 3,212 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

I liked Banjo Tooie because it was the only one we owned. I've played Banjo-Kazooie but it just doesn't compare to the hours I played multiplayer with my friends. :pleased:

I just felt Banjo-Kazooie was supposed to be a single player game, so I didn't really like the multiplayer they added to it in the second one.

Megayanma
Megayanma

problem dogg fan since 2016

• Thwomp
  • 647 Posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hmmmm...

To me, Kazooie just seemed more like a classic than Tooie, although they're both great. Kazooie was the one that started it all, honestly.

Now, if they make a Banjo Threeie...

1055oxi.gif

Epona
Epona

...life could be simple.

• Armos Knight
  • 3,212 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hmmmm...

To me, Kazooie just seemed more like a classic than Tooie, although they're both great. Kazooie was the one that started it all, honestly.

Now, if they make a Banjo Threeie...

Wasn't that rumored at the end of Tooie?

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

Yeah it was, lol. I have no doubts that they would have indeed made Threeie if they had stayed with Nintendo...
As it is, with them being owned by Microsoft now, this "Threeie" is most likely considered by Rare to be Nuts & Bolts. And while I did enjoy the game, I would love to see a new Banjo-Kazooie game where they return to the platforming aspect again, because Kazooie and Tooie were both incredible.

If they did release a Threeie, that would be amazing...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.

All-Star
All-Star

Would You Kindly

• Monty Mole
  • 312 Posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Banjo-Kazooie gets my vote. The final boss in Banjo-Kazooie seemed more epic to me.

And I would love for Rare to make a TRUE sequel to Banjo-Tooie. But it probably won't happen..
:displeased:

♫ But there's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. ♫

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

I voted Banjo Kazooie because I own it. And I've never played either of them...
But Trinity liked it...

Trinity
Trinity

Speaks In Animated Images

• Zelda
  • 5,329 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:21 AM

I voted Banjo Kazooie because I own it. And I've never played either of them...
But Trinity liked it...

It was the memories...
Played Kazooie quite a bit way back when.
Posted Image
Spoiler

LoZB
LoZB
  • Rattata
  • 217 Posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

I love these games as a pig loves mud, and these might be the soul of my childhood, but I went with BT. I actually have played both games fairly recently, but BT was honestly what a sequel should be. Took everything good of BK, and added more. I miss those games.

Their fossils have been polluted, however, by what the XBox calls "Nuts and Bolts." It's truly sad.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Those who act tough are weakest in character,
and those who try hard are strongest.

NiGHTS
NiGHTS

Lurking in your dreams

• Pikachu
  • 8,390 Posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Tough call since I enjoyed both games, but I am going to have to go with Kazooie on this one, I just liked it a little bit more than Tooie.

PatSig2_zps27e391b0.png

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

I love these games as a pig loves mud, and these might be the soul of my childhood, but I went with BT. I actually have played both games fairly recently, but BT was honestly what a sequel should be. Took everything good of BK, and added more. I miss those games.

Their fossils have been polluted, however, by what the XBox calls "Nuts and Bolts." It's truly sad.

Yeah... I remember watching my cousins play tooie a lot when I was just a lad.

It looked awesome...

Then I got it... and I've never played it.

Gr33n
Gr33n

The Trio Master

• Blooper
  • 1,288 Posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

I've only played Kazooie so idk.

davykins
davykins
  • Thwomp
  • 710 Posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

While Tooie had tighter controls, greater variation and backtracking, better bosses, multiplayer, etc,m I'm gonna go with Banjo Kazooie. It's just more... classic to me. Dunno.

Edited by SYMERWIZKID22, 22 May 2010 - 12:23 PM.

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

The Banjo Kazooie games are two of my favorites of all time. The first one gets my vote b/c of the countless hours I spent playing through it when I was just a few years old. I could never really beat it until I was around 8-9. ;P It always brings back good memories though. Haha.

I actually just bought the first one for my 360 just a few weeks ago. I'm in the board game near the very end. I've collected all 900 notes and all the jiggies. I just can't beat that dang game! lol After I do end up beating it though, I'll probably spend another 800 MSP on Tooie. They are just such great games!

Nuts and Bolts was okay, but I'd definitely like to see it come back to the original way it was. Collecting the 10 jiggies, 5 jinjos, 900 notes and all the honey combs was so much fun. They're different from all the other games and that's what I liked about them.

I dare anyone to beat my fastest time for Banjo Kazooie. So if anyone would like to try n' beat me, lemme' know so I can find my fastest time. I believe I did it on the N64...

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

I dare anyone to beat my fastest time for Banjo Kazooie. So if anyone would like to try n' beat me, lemme' know so I can find my fastest time. I believe I did it on the N64...

I'll make an attempt at that. I always love a good challenge. Not to mention I haven't played that game in so many years. I could use a good play-through of it again and I might as well do it on a challenge. And you're talking about doing it with 100% completion, right? Doing a perfect run with great time sounds like something worthy of me to do an LP of or at least record.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

I'll make an attempt at that. I always love a good challenge. Not to mention I haven't played that game in so many years. I could use a good play-through of it again and I might as well do it on a challenge. And you're talking about doing it with 100% completion, right? Doing a perfect run with great time sounds like something worthy of me to do an LP of or at least record.

Yes, a full completion.

All 10 jiggies, 5 jinjos and 100 notes in each of the 9 worlds. You must also complete the game and beat the witch. After you've completed all of it, post your time and lemme' know. I have yet to beat the game and witch on my current run through.

Bored_Man
Bored_Man
  • Bullet Bill
  • 1,505 Posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

I played Tooie first, so I was accustomed to it. I did try Kazooie later on, but I prefer the sequel much more.

So, even though it has Canary Cheating Mary, I'm voting for Tooie

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Yes, a full completion.

All 10 jiggies, 5 jinjos and 100 notes in each of the 9 worlds. You must also complete the game and beat the witch. After you've completed all of it, post your time and lemme' know. I have yet to beat the game and witch on my current run through.

Alright, I shall do all that. Would be easier if I remembered everything, but remembering things from like over 10 years ago is not easy. So that's a disadvantage in itself. As well as controlling things with a keyboard on a laptop. But that won't stop me from getting a good time.

And it looks like both games are tied in votes now.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

Alright, I shall do all that. Would be easier if I remembered everything, but remembering things from like over 10 years ago is not easy. So that's a disadvantage in itself. As well as controlling things with a keyboard on a laptop. But that won't stop me from getting a good time.

And it looks like both games are tied in votes now.

Then I have a slight advantage b/c I've played it through at least 5-6 times in the past ten years. Regardless, it should be cool to see how we both turn out. Don't hesitate to use IGN if you need a walkthrough. I used it once to find the last jiggy on the winter season of click clock woods.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Then I have a slight advantage b/c I've played it through at least 5-6 times in the past ten years. Regardless, it should be cool to see how we both turn out. Don't hesitate to use IGN if you need a walkthrough. I used it once to find the last jiggy on the winter season of click clock woods.

I tend to not use walkthroughs. I just have a thing against using them for some reason. I can usually find things rather quick or sometimes have some old memories come back temporarily while I'm playing through it. So I should be fine with that.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

NinBoy
NinBoy

Pffft

• Bulborb
  • 945 Posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

I tend to not use walkthroughs. I just have a thing against using them for some reason. I can usually find things rather quick or sometimes have some old memories come back temporarily while I'm playing through it. So I should be fine with that.

I don't use them either. It was a one time thing b/c I had spent over two hours searching for it...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users