Photo

Battletanx Global Assault Playthrough

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

I have the playstation version. The cold warriors don't have goliaths XD

I got a lil' nostalgic and played this game again a few days ago. Me and my brother loved stealing each other's queenlords. XD

That playstation version is terrible. It's painfully ugly from what I've heard. I've never seen it for my own eyes but what some friends have described it as....I'm scared to even take a look.
Whats Good

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,457 Posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

That playstation version is terrible. It's painfully ugly from what I've heard. I've never seen it for my own eyes but what some friends have described it as....I'm scared to even take a look.

Lol I don't see to have much problem with it. But I never owned a 64

hA0AZYy.png

Battletanx_Commander
Battletanx_Commander

It's fine now. Why?

• Koopa Troopa
  • 638 Posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Well you can compare the versions with the video since I played it with the 64. :V

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Lol I don't see to have much problem with it. But I never owned a 64

Well as I stated I have not seen it for myself but I've heard that the tanks aren't 3d and that the game doesn't look like very good (lighting bad and effects are bad). I dunno if that sounds right to you?? But, that's what I've heard.
Whats Good

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,457 Posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

Well as I stated I have not seen it for myself but I've heard that the tanks aren't 3d and that the game doesn't look like very good (lighting bad and effects are bad). I dunno if that sounds right to you?? But, that's what I've heard.

Lol the tanks are so 3D. Heh, when you slect them they spin around to show all sides.

hA0AZYy.png

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:44 AM

So had the opportunity to play some Battletanx with some good friends of mine today. Fun game but I forgot how broken "Tank Wars" is. The computer cannot handle moving 4 different players' tanks all at once. It was kind of sad.
Whats Good

Battletanx_Commander
Battletanx_Commander

It's fine now. Why?

• Koopa Troopa
  • 638 Posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

Lol, that is the limit of early AI. xD

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

Lol, that is the limit of early AI. xD

Truthfully is was a lot of fun still and we ended up playing most of the games at SFO because it is open and even if some of the computer controlled tanks didn't move, they still shot the main weapon and fired off their special weapons and got some kills.
Whats Good

Battletanx_Commander
Battletanx_Commander

It's fine now. Why?

• Koopa Troopa
  • 638 Posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

Lol, I should go play multiplayer sometime. :P

~20.12
~20.12

Live life to the fullest

• Metroid
  • 2,207 Posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Lol, I should go play multiplayer sometime. :P

It's great. We were playing some Goldeneye and then I was like let's play some Battletanx and it had been probably about a year since we sat down and had an hour or 2 of some battletanx fun. You should definitely try it sometime.
Whats Good

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,457 Posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

Truthfully is was a lot of fun still and we ended up playing most of the games at SFO because it is open and even if some of the computer controlled tanks didn't move, they still shot the main weapon and fired off their special weapons and got some kills.

The playstation's AI was apparently pretty good then. We got creamed when me and my bro put it on hard.

hA0AZYy.png