To Be The Very Best
Pokémon RP time!
This roleplay will take place in the Kanto region. Trainers will make their way across Kanto, collecting badges and Pokémon. The Indigo League Tournament begins soon. To participate, trainers must collect all eight badges of Kanto and make their way to the Indigo Plateau and register for the tournament. The winner of each year's tournament will be crowned the Champion of the Kanto region.
Rules rules rules!
1) No Godmodding. You are not l33t enough to win every battle, and losing every single battle loses its entertainment value after a while.
3) Max of 6 Pokémon to a team at a time. Durr.
4) Your character and their Pokémon need food and drink the same way
5) You can have more than one character, but only if you think you can handle it.
7) Battling here is different. Use attack speed and the surrounding environment to your advantage.
8) For now, you may control your wild Pokémon sightings. VERY few people will ever get a shiny. Legendary appearances I'll plan out myself, but don't expect it to happen very much. It will be virtually impossible to catch a legendary, unless it want to be caught.
10) When more people join, feel free to exploit the powers of teamwork.
12) There are no levels or stats, just be reasonable.
13) Pokémon can know more than four moves, as long as that Pokémon can legitimately learn the moves.
15) Although you know about the Kanto region, remember that your character knows nothing of it..
16) Not all routes can be crossed in one day. You will need to camp out, so prepare wisely.
18) Levels and stats do not work here.
19) Becasue of Rule 18, some items will work differently. Fatigue through normal battling can be easily resolved by giving the Pokémon a good rest. Not continuously using the Pokémon in battle will help as well.
21) This is serious bizness. Characters and Pokémon can die if not properly cared for.
23) English and Pokéspeak only. Spelling and Grammar is recommended, though not necessary. Effort in this field, however, is required.
25) Narrative style is recommended.
26) All four walls are built to last.
28) You can only find and use Pokémon that have been discovered. As such, Kanto Pokémon only while you are in Kanto.
29) No vulgar language, children.
31) ((Once the RP starts, OOC chat should be kept in these thingies here. Keep this at a minimum ploxx.))
32) Anyone inactive for more than a week without notice will be eliminated. You will receive fair warning beforehand. This will not apply if I am inactive as well.
33) I can interpret/break any of the above rules however I wish.
34) Have fun.
Aren't I amazing at counting? <3
Rules come with consquences for breaking them, of course. I hate giving out punishments, so we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Just know that the are punishments for breaking rules, as there always are.
Note: Majority of new trainers will be 10-16 years old. Very rarely will trainers over 16 need new Pokémon. No one under 10 is qualified to become a trainer.
Note: The Dark Type and the Steel Type have yet to exist.
Edited by Trinity, 13 March 2011 - 08:11 AM.