Photo

Minor Updates Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

Nintendo Pipeline Minor Updates

This is a thread for the staff to post minor site updates, such as bug fixes or or small new features! Check back here regularly for the latest minor site updates.

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Hero
Hero

Munchy the Munchlax

• Retired Staff
  • 2,748 Posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

The rank up bar now displays accurate information again. And in addition, it will now display the correct percentage in the bar. Before it was basing the percentage off of the amount of posts required for the new rank and your current posts, now it correctly takes into account the amount of posts from one rank to a next and factors the percentage correctly.

Posted Image

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

The unused Facebook/Twitter links at the bottom of the forum index have been removed.

A new "Donate" button is now in place.

Shiny new Admin and Mod rank icons: Posted ImagePosted Image

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

• Misu has fixed the ranks of inactive members. Instead of displaying as Mr. Saturn, their proper rank now appears.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

I'll be making little tweaks here and there over the next few days. Stay tuned.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Decided to get rid of the unused IP.Chat and go for a Shoutbox instead. There's still a chat-dedicated page, but it's just a larger version of what's at the top of the forum. If you don't want to see the shoutbox, there's an option to turn it off. It also incorporates a live feed of replies and new topics!

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

We now have an integrated awards system. Awards will display beside each user's post, as well as in their profile and on the dedicated awards page.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

The appearance of private messages on the Skyward skin has been updated to match the appearance of posts.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

Link to the site rules has been added to the footer.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,132 Posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

The boards have been slightly rearranged to eliminate sub-boards. Nothing has really changed, things just look different. (Is this a trend in Pipeline updates?) And just like the milk at the back of the grocery store, General Discussion can be found at the bottom of the page.

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

The bookmark icon for iOS devices has been updated and modernized, and a new size has been added for use with The New iPad.

Old icon:
Posted Image

New icon:
Posted Image

If you haven't already added a home screen bookmark to Nintendo Pipeline on your iOS device, now is your chance to do so!

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I have updated the Shoutbox from 1.3.0 to 1.3.9.

As a result, the edit button has fixed and you can now edit your shouts once again!

Also be sure to click on the "My Prefs" button for more options.

Finally, the Shoutbox will be changed so it is only on the main Forum page (as well the width will be reduced to what it was originally).

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

More minor updates.
  • Removed the Chat tab as I was unaware until recently that you could actually click on the "Shoutbox" word itself in case you accidentally turn off "Global Shoutbox".­
  • Posts and statuses now have COLOR!
  • Added a new "Rose" skin for Switch-Renn.
  • Behind the scenes stuff (ohhhhh mysterious)

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

!!!MINOR UPDATE INCOMING BRACE YOURSELVES!!!

Reorganized the Writing board and sub-boards, which includes merging the Writing and Fan Fiction boards, and granting independence to the Review board.

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

¡¡¡ MORE MINOR ¡¡¡

Fixed the issue with the Retired Staff rank having a broken image underneath the rank name.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Oops I must have done that. Sorry it's 1:30am and I'm getting sleepy. ;_;

Anyways, I've got another minor update as well - now when you go to click on the link to see who is online, guests will automatically not be shown so you don't have to look at a ton of useless entities known as Google Spiders and the like.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

New minor update!

At the bottom of the main forum page, it will now display every member that has logged in within the current day. In addition, it also keeps track of the record amount of members that have ever been on at once; this excludes guests so we don't get those nasty Google and Yahoo search engine spiders messing up the count.

If the list bothers you, there is an option to collapse the list so that you only see the amount of members that have been on today.

Another small thing, the "most members online" number that was to the right of the "newest member" had been removed, as it no longer serves a purpose.

Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Almost forgot to mention this. Art tags have been added to user's art threads that they make. This must be done manually, so you will need to PM an admin or mod if you wish for your art thread to be tagged. I already tagged the threads that have recently been active, so if you have a thread that I missed be sure to alert me.

What this new feature does is that it adds a nice little pallet icon next to your art thread, and if you click on that icon, it will bring up a list of everyone's art threads.

Posted Image

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Users may no longer "Like" their own posts.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Due to the high amount of spam bots that have recently been registering accounts here, I have got and installed a hook that not only blocks automated spam bots, but also those humans whose job is to sit at a computer and go to various forums and manually create accounts.

There is a little tracker down below on the main page that reports how many spammers it has blocked (between "Total Members" and "Newest Member"). This extra little counter feature is a tad jarring and will only be kept for a short while.

Oh yes, and yesterday I removed the filter to change "yolo" to "nolo".