Photo

Minor Updates Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

The total amount of time you have stayed online will now be displayed in your user profile (as well as your "user card" that shows up when you hover your mouse over somebody's username).

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

One fix I have just spent about the last hour working on...

I don't know how many of you guys use the "New Content", but I use it all the time and I finally decided to see what I could do to fix the small bug.

EDIT: Ugh but now I just realized that there's no color on the fix as well on the main forum page... pffffffffffffffft.

Before

Spoiler

After

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

The View New Content page has finally been fixed.

Before

After

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

The @Mention bug has been fixed.

You can now once again click on the link below a person's avatar and their username will be placed into the quick-reply box.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Because the "home" Nintendo Pipeline link was useless in the navigation bar (and quite redundant since "Nintendo Pipeline" was displayed twice on the site header), I have removed it.

A before and after image.

lrVdM5E.png

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

This has been long overdue; the Mario rank now has its own special icon since it's the last rank.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Threads that are over six months stale (as in the last reply was over six months ago) will automatically be archived. This is similar to having the thread be locked in which nobody can reply to the thread, except that a lock icon won't be shown. Also, archived threads put less stress on the server, though I highly doubt that really matters at this point.

Point is... is that there is now a way for threads to automatically close after an extended period of inactivity without having entire boards be polluted with little lock icons designated by the mass amount of threads that have been locked due to old age.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Avatar .png transparency is now preserved, rather than having just a plain white background.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Profile fields for friend codes have been drastically reduced due to Nintendo phasing out friend codes with their single universal code needed for the 3DS and Wii U. Only the "more popular" games have been kept for the DS and Wii, but they will be removed as well in the near future once the new games get released (Pokémon X and Y for example).

A couple contact info fields have also been removed: Jabber and ICQ because literally one or three people only used those in their profiles and they are no longer active.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

I changed it so that threads now automatically archive themselves after a year, rather six months.

Also, while you are free to make a new thread based on a previous archived discussion, feel free to PM a staff member to request a desired thread to be unarchived, but only if you are planning legitimate discussion please.

The rules have also been updated according to this.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Since the 3DS and Wii U have now predominated their predecessors, the DS and Wii friend codes have been removed from profiles.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

Three Updates

---One---

I have increased the maximum avatar size from 100 to 125. This was done because there was quite a bit of excess margin space in between the left border and the line which separates the user's avatar from their post. Also, who doesn't like larger avatars anyway?

---Two---

The forum's default font has been changed from Times New Roman to Arial. Why it was even Times New Roman in the first place I have no idea.

---Three---

I fixed a bug with the user hover card where the person's avatar was larger than it was supposed to be.

Before and After

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Updated and added an old overlooked rule.

My reasons for this lie in this post.

The Nintendo Pipeline Rules

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

As an effort to make our forum more organized, I have been unpinning disused and outdated threads. They still exist, and if someone really wants to find Wii friend codes or 4 year old Let's Plays, you can.

In the near future I will also be locking and recreating some of our longer threads that have gone on for years in order to refresh discussion and make them more friendly towards newer members. Long threads can be intimidating and we want to ensure everyone feels welcome to participate.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:14 AM

Must make use of this.

Edited the Ranks page to correctly display their allowed amount of PM invites and PM storage. Both in the center column next to each rank and within the icon hovering message.

Also something I fixed a few months ago but never mentioned here because I forgot to (and not sure if anybody even noticed or not). Usernames on the Skyward skin are displayed more properly centered within the left side user info area with posts. It used to be left-aligned.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

Just a few small changes.

Awhile back I edited ranks so that custom profile backgrounds can be changed once your reach Koopa Troopa (instead of Bulborb). And the display name can be changed once you reach Thwomp (as opposed to Kremling).

Ranks of course can be viewed on the ranks page and all the information displayed is accurate.

In other news, I have merged the Reviews and Role Playing forums into Writing as subforums. Neither of those was receiving much activity.

And for one of the not-so-minor updates: We now have an open Public Archive of old threads that were previously scrapped into the the archive section! Feel free to dive into the history of some old topics of notability!

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

More minor updates the same day!

Made several fixes on the Skyward skin plus some extras.

- Changed the color of the buttons on the shoutbox to a nice green instead of the default light blue.

- Cleaned up how custom profiles look while using this skin.

- Made the "Remove Customization" button in profiles more visible and less awkward looking.

- Fixed alignment of awards in profiles and cleaned up how it looked.

- Fixed display of the "Add Event" page when adding an even to calendars (which nobody seems to do anyway).

- Fixed display of "Change Photo" page.

And lastly, I had fun with changing reputation titles. Probably not permanent, but still just for fun for now.

87812932cb.png

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

Added a Bracket's Page which will be used for the current Smash 4 Tournament and any future tournaments (for any game). Will also keep an archive of them when they're finished.

Also added an area to the sidebar for convenient adding/removing of images for promoting current events. If anyone is hosting an event or wants to bring attention to a certain thread, then ask and ye shall receive. Though I expect everyone to make their own images, even if they're crappy ones. Preferred width: 230px, height: 75px. (Yes, I'm aware my current images are under those sizes, but I might change those later) [Edit: Fixed the images].

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:31 AM

This has been in need of fixing for a long time, but better late than never.

Custom profile backgrounds will now auto-resize to fit if the image is too large or too small. Just note that small images will look a bit blurry when auto-enlarged, enlarging it yourself manually through photoshop or whatever you prefer using would produce better quality results. Though that should be obvious enough.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Added new font "Hey Gorgeous" in the drop down, because yolo. Note that you might need to have the font installed in order for it to work properly. If it's not working for you, it should default to comic sans.

Added new bbc

[shake]Content[/shake] or [shake=option]Content[/shake]

Shake

The amount and type of shaking can be altered by replacing "option" with the following:

Hard 

Slow 

Little 

Horizontal 

Vertical

Rotate

Opacity

Crazy

Hover over the text to stop the shaking.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler