Well hey guys.
So, in case you didn't know (which if you didn't, you should be ashamed of yourself), Nintendo is holding a special 3DS Conference on September 13, starting at 12:00 P.M. in Japan. Due to the wonderful affects of time zones, the conference will take place on September 12 here in the States, starting at 11 P.M. EST (8 P.M. PST).
The official site mentions Ustream, so there will most likely be a live stream of the conference when it takes place. I'm presuming the official site will have a the stream as soon as the conference begins. Although the stream will obviously be in Japanese, you'll still be able to enjoy what's displayed in all of it's glory.
I'll try and keep you guys up to date as we learn more about this upcoming conference (though you guys can always keep tabs on Nintendo3DSBlog and other, more active news sites).
Not much is known regarding what this conference will exactly present. I'd place my money on a majority of the conference being devoted to upcoming software. Hopefully we'll learn more about games like Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing (pleaseohplease), and other titles that we've been drooling over for the past several months.
Now onto hardware. There are some rumors floating around about a 3DS redesign to be coming in 2012. I find that to be quite a "low blow" for the early adopters of the system, considering the hit we've already taken with the recent price drop. There were also rumors that Nintendo would be releasing an extension for the 3DS that would add another analog stick. This extension would (presumably) be attached over the A, B, X, and Y buttons. This to me seems somewhat far fetched and even unfeasible, but I don't want to dismiss it just yet.
Anyways, that's pretty much it for now. I'll keep this updated as things unfold. Feel free to post your thoughts on the conference and what you think or hope will be announced.
Rumored to be announced/presented at the conference:
- Monster Hunter with online play exclusively for the 3DS
- A Yoshi side-scroller made by Good-Feel
- A new game from the team that made Warioware
- Etrian Odyssey for the 3DS
- A Hatsune Miku game for the 3DS
- A new 3DS color called Solid Silver
- Super Mario 3D Land demo on the eShop
- A new mystery game for the 3DS from the famous visual novel company Alchemist
- Ace Attorney 5 with an Edgeworth scenario
- Rumor: Nintendo’s next big title for the 3DS is a racing-brawler that is “way darker” than usual?
- Confirmed: Monster Hunter Tri G is coming to the 3DS, to feature local wireless play
- First look at second circle pad accessory for 3DS
First look at MH:
Edited by Digital, 07 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.