Photo

4 million 3DS's have been sold in the US

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Source

That's alot of moolah. It still amazes me how one company could achieve that much money. That's 680 million dollars by my count D:

Then again alot of that money goes right back into funding more projects. All well.

Congratz Nintendo!

hA0AZYy.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

4 million isn't even that high of a number really, but that is still pretty good that's for sure.

NiGHTS
NiGHTS

Lurking in your dreams

• Pikachu
  • 8,390 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yeah it might not be that high in the long term, but to get those numbers in less than a year is pretty impressive I must say.

PatSig2_zps27e391b0.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Well it's a pretty impressive system that's for sure. I'm glad I didn't get it right at the s.... wait no strike that. I wish I did get it at the start just for the ambassador games. Well maybe not, I'm sure I wouldn't get 20 games I really want anyways. >_<

Lugia Dragonite Guy
Lugia Dragonite Guy

Brave Frontier

• Captain Falcon
  • 7,079 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Sold more than the Wii in the same time frame? Very nice, but I doubt that the 3DS will outsell the Wii in the long run. They are going to have to do some smart marketing to make the 3DS as easily accessible as the Wii is to casual audiences. Thinking about some of the features though... that may not be very hard. XD

browneyedgirlsarekillingbill_zpsb4ee5a57

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Yeah I think that will be quite easy to do. The issue I see is just the warning of the 3D not for children under 7. I know a few people that wanted to buy the system for their kids but didn't because of that. Not only that, but apparently the 3D effects bother quite a few people and what would be the point of having the system if you're not going to use the 3D. All though I do have to say the swapnotes and the fact that it's a single FC does make the system a LOT better then the DS systems before it.

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

...and what would be the point of having the system if you're not going to use the 3D.

I never use the 3D.

In considering whether I wanted to buy the 3DS, the 3D was lowest on my list of factors I was considering. I was more interested in the simple fact that it was a new, much more powerful Nintendo handheld and would subsequently be getting first party Nintendo games. Does the 3D look nice? Yes, of course it does. However, at least with the games I play, it doesn't add enough to the experience to warrant the extra loss of battery life.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

I never use the 3D.

In considering whether I wanted to buy the 3DS, the 3D was lowest on my list of factors I was considering. I was more interested in the simple fact that it was a new, much more powerful Nintendo handheld and would subsequently be getting first party Nintendo games. Does the 3D look nice? Yes, of course it does. However, at least with the games I play, it doesn't add enough to the experience to warrant the extra loss of battery life.

Yeah I actually have to say that when I play with the 3D on I don't even notice anymore. It's just become part of what the game is. One thing I do hope doesn't happen is that developers get so caught up that it's a 3D system and will become intimidated by that and think they can't make a game if it doesn't have 3D graphics.

We saw that a lot with the wii motion controls and the lack of third party support so I hope the 3DS does not lack in third party support as well.

NiGHTS
NiGHTS

Lurking in your dreams

• Pikachu
  • 8,390 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Well it's a pretty impressive system that's for sure. I'm glad I didn't get it right at the s.... wait no strike that. I wish I did get it at the start just for the ambassador games. Well maybe not, I'm sure I wouldn't get 20 games I really want anyways. >_<

Well there was Minish Cap as well as Metroid Fusion and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror if I remember right. Might not be 20, but those games alone are pretty well worth it.

PatSig2_zps27e391b0.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

LOL and those 3 games I have already played almost to the finish XD But I wouldn't have minded playing them again.

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

I was actually very impressed to hear that things have turned around for the 3DS. Nintendo was in a bind, and they did a good job getting out of it.

And I have to agree with Toadeh: While I don't have a 3DS yet, whenever I play one I turn off the 3D immediately. When I do get one, I'll be leaving it off almost always. I do not value the 3D at all; I don't even think it works well - it's just a blur to me.

I'm still surprised Nintendo gave 3D a second shot; especially considering the warnings for young children. However, things have already turned out much better than they did with the Virtual Boy, so I have to applaud them. Virtual Boy doesn't deserve the crap it gets though.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

I never even tried Virtual Boy. I wasn't into video games when it came out.

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

I never even tried Virtual Boy. I wasn't into video games when it came out.

I keep hoping that they will take advantage of the 3DS and rerelease some of the Virtual Boy games. There aren't many (only 18 in the US I believe) and even fewer of those are actually worth playing, but there are games worth playing. Wario Land and Mario Clash are both fun.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

I guess that would depend on how well they sold when they original released.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,789 Posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

This is a relief. I was reading in some games magazines a few weeks ago about the pros and cons of the 3DS...I'm glad Nintendo got past 3 million units. ^_^

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

WildWorld
WildWorld

The Wildest.

• Space Pirate
  • 2,501 Posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

After losing close to a billion dollars as a company last year, I'm glad Nintendo is able to send out some good news so soon into the new year. I'm a bit surprised at the amount of 3DSs they've sold, but happy nonetheless!
3DS Friend Code: 0817 - 3915 - 9370
Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm surprised they managed to sell that many.

talkingcat559
talkingcat559
  • Waddle Dee
  • 10 Posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good job Nintendo keep up the good work. :happysmall: