• Please log in to reply
1141 replies to this topic

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

Ohhhh something else I just found out about that made me super happy! My boyfriend is conduction the second theocratic ministry school at his hall tomorrow night. It's a great privilege. They are working with him to help him become an elder and I'm just so very proud of him!

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

I am apparently doing quite well at my cashier job, according to pretty much everyone. Which really surprises me. But, after Thursday night my speed was 19.30-something. The goal is 20 and I am just behind the girl training me, who mentioned that I was catching up to her after being there four days when she had been there four months. Really, I'm surprised because I don't feel like I am doing that well, but I am thrilled that I am doing better than I anticipated (and that they haven't fired me yet, for that matter...ha!)

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

I am apparently doing quite well at my cashier job, according to pretty much everyone. Which really surprises me. But, after Thursday night my speed was 19.30-something. The goal is 20 and I am just behind the girl training me, who mentioned that I was catching up to her after being there four days when she had been there four months. Really, I'm surprised because I don't feel like I am doing that well, but I am thrilled that I am doing better than I anticipated (and that they haven't fired me yet, for that matter...ha!)

Awesome! Maybe you should give yourself more credit. XD

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

@Sanji07 - I guess so lol. Honestly after my first night I came home thinking I suck as a cashier. I'm shy and don't like talking to people, my bagging skills suck (they still do lol), I struggle with simple math. It's not quite as bad as I thought, but who I'm working with really depends on how quickly the night goes by.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

I'm trying out a new therapist tomorrow. 8D

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,935 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

Today I presented my honors project presentation to my supervisors and their graduate students. It was super intimidating, but that was honestly the best presentation I have ever given. Everyone was very impressed, and on their unofficial grading form (their opinions don't count, just for feedback), I got an average of 86%, which is AMAZING coming from graduate students. They asked me questions for about 10 minutes but it was pretty easy to answer them and it was fairly laid-back.

The guy who presented after me wasn't so lucky and got grilled for like 45 minutes on his experiment and I felt really bad for him but happy that I didn't have to go through that.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

My circlepad pro finally came in! I was concerned because it had been at least eight days, but the status on Nintendo's website was still "submitted". Silly Nintendo. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

So I'm pretty excited and happy right now. Yesterday I was out in my ministry and we wanted to stay out until 6pm but we had no more Japanese territory. However, we were close to a call I use to have a long time ago. I had been thinking about her daughter the last two weeks and even though I thought that it was likely they had moved, I figured I'd just give it a shot anyways.

Back story though, when I met this girl she was 16 and a troubled teenager. She was my very first bible student and she was very interested, but like many troubled teens was very much distracted. They moved from my territory to another one that was pretty far, but I would still visit her from time to time. I even when to her work a few times to hang out because she worked at a pet store. The last time I visited her was about 3-4 years ago and she was dating a homeless guy and decided to move out of her parents house and find a place that he could live with her.

Flash forward now and she is now 23 years old. When I went to the house, sure enough her mom and step dad still lived there! I was so surprised. Her mom came out to talk to me and we talked for a 1/2 hour. It turns out that her daughter in the last two weeks went through some very traumatizing events. I won't go into details, but in the end I got her number again and her mother said that she was always fond of me.

So last night when I finally got home, I gave her a call. Now mind you it had been a LONG time since we last spoke, but right away she recognized me and was so happy to hear from me. She started crying and we talked for about a 1/2 hour. Her dad is coming through for her for once in her life and is helping her find a place to live. She is in her first semester in college learning how to do farming. And her and I made plans to talk once a week and once she is moved and settled in, we will restart her bible study. She has been clean and sober for a year now and really wants to take control of her life.

I almost cried as well. It is amazing how God works. The fact that she had been on my mind, that her mom didn't move and that she really needed me at this point in her life... that was not a coincidence but an act of the holy spirit at work. :)

gbwyoshi
gbwyoshi
  • Blooper
  • 1,303 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

We need a rave in May.

Finally getting back-pay for 3 years of work. And cash this time not stupid crap like computer parts

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

@JIRACHIMELEE Yup the Lord works in wonderful ways. ^^ It's great that you two can reconnect now.

Edit: My uncle is done with chemo! We're going to visit him and his family after church Sunday. ^___^

Edited by Sanji07, 11 May 2015 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

It's that glow, I know

• Armos Knight
  • 3,379 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

My rave

• Got my eyes checked and they told me, they haven't changed (which is good)
  • But I decide to order new glasses because I wanted new frames

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif I'm always happy. <3

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

@Sunny Glad to hear your eyes are okay. ^^

I had a great time with a couple friends who spent the night at my place. We saw the new Avengers movie and played Hyrule Warriors until around 3-3:00 am this morning. Then we all went to church. They seemed to enjoy it as they have not been able to go to a church in a long time (my friends live far out). So yeah it was pretty awesome. |3

Edited by Sanji07, 01 June 2015 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

@Sanji07: That sounds like a lot of fun. Hyrule Warriors is a great game to play with other people. Spin and I had a great time playing it.

On Saturday, Spin was able to play Smash with his siblings, which is great! He hasn't been able to talk or play with them much lately, so I am hoping this is a sign of better things to come with his family and us.

My grades were finally updated at my college, so by GPA and degree plan is back on track.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:42 PM

@Sanji07: That sounds like a lot of fun. Hyrule Warriors is a great game to play with other people. Spin and I had a great time playing it.

On Saturday, Spin was able to play Smash with his siblings, which is great! He hasn't been able to talk or play with them much lately, so I am hoping this is a sign of better things to come with his family and us.

My grades were finally updated at my college, so by GPA and degree plan is back on track.

Yeah I just wish that more than two people could play at a time. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

The internet was finally back up at my work today, so we managed to get a lot done. Still have tons of work to do since the internet was down since Friday, but definitely an improvement. Although I didn't mind working from home on Friday and Monday...

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

I've got two job applications submitted and am praying that I'll hear something from either one of them very soon!

The first is a full time position at the college I used to work at that I submitted on June 10th, then I called the lady a week later to ask about the application and re-iterated my interest in the position. I asked when would be a good time to check back and she said call in two weeks if I have not heard anything. So I marked the date on my calendar and certainly plan to call! She is a former instructor of mine who once agreed to be a job reference for me, so I'm hoping this will help rather than hinder my chances at the job. However, the job has since been removed from the web site, but my application status still says "Under Review by Search Committee" (which she said may take a while, as I well know that things in an educational institution may be slow going), so I'm really really praying that this just means that they currently have enough applications and/or already have someone (i.e. ME) in mind for the job. As far as my qualifications go, there would be no reason NOT to hire me as the previous part-time position I held involved ordering supplies from a contract supplier, stocking/delivering aforementioned supplies, fulfilling (but not delivering) paper orders, sorting mail into faculty/division mail boxes. This position would involve picking up supplies and stocking classrooms, placing paper orders, and picking up mail. Plus I already know how the college works and many of the instructors I would be working with.

The second is a Technician for the IT group at a local school system that I finally finished and submitted today.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

@SakuraSaturn That's great to hear! I hope you hear something from them soon. I just applied for a couple positions at the local library last night. Not sure how good my chances are, but I've been volunteering there since March 2014 and I have the branch manager/librarian as one of my references. I have told her in the past that I was interested in working there and she said she would be delighted to have me on the team. I'll probably mention it to her when I go to volunteer on Monday. 

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

@Sanji07 - That's awesome, Sanji! Good luck to you!

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Tai
Tai
  • lke
  • 9,365 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

I'll be able to marry my boyfriend in Texas now! I'm related to the most supportive priest I know, and everything is lined up for this to be a very real possibility!

Posted Image

I AM AND I ARE ALL WE

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

I'll be able to marry my boyfriend in Texas now! I'm related to the most supportive priest I know, and everything is lined up for this to be a very real possibility!

I'm really happy for you, Tai, and for anyone else who is allowed to marry now!!

:D  

All day long I've been seeing posts on Facebook about this big news, but seeing your post and how real it is for you now just is very sweet and I am very, very happy for you. <3 

Edited by NintendoQueen, 26 June 2015 - 06:10 PM.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users