Photo

Would you be comfortable being a Trophy Husband/Wife?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Trophy Husband or Trophy Wife? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

For the Men only: Would you be happy to be a Trophy Husband?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

For the Women only: Would you be happy to be a Trophy Wife?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

A couple of weeks ago I met a friend from highschool. We chatted for awhile and I asked him what he has been doing with his life and what job he has. He told me he doesn't have a job and he is living with his girlfriend who pays for everything for him and gives him a weekly allowance of $200. I felt kind of shocked since even if he has this carefree lifestyle he should have a job even if it's parttime so he has something to rely on incase if things go wrong, just look at the economy. But no nothing bothers him. Some people think I might be jealous but honestly I am not. So the big question of this thread is: Would you be happy being a Trophy Husband or Trophy Wife?

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Rhyme
Rhyme

Caffine Addict

• Mario
  • 24,714 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I wouldn't call that a trophy wife or husband for that situation. It's more like a house husband. I said yes, but I wouldn't really want to be I wouldn't say no flat out though. If someone wanted to take care of me that would be great. I'd do all the cleaning and cooking though and make sure I do my part.

To me a trophy wife or husband is like having a super model that you just show off at big parties to impress other rich folks. It's more of a vain sort of thing.

honesty_mlp_stamp_by_missytheunicorn-d5l  mlp_applejack_stamp_by_blaze33193-d4h4iu 

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

He has no kid by the way.

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Rhyme
Rhyme

Caffine Addict

• Mario
  • 24,714 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Yeah but that doesn't make a difference. Is he drop dead sexy? Like could he be a super model?

honesty_mlp_stamp_by_missytheunicorn-d5l  mlp_applejack_stamp_by_blaze33193-d4h4iu 

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yeah but that doesn't make a difference. Is he drop dead sexy? Like could he be a super model?

LOL I don't find men sexy but he is tall, tanned, and medium build. I think the one flaw he has is his nose.

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Rhyme
Rhyme

Caffine Addict

• Mario
  • 24,714 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

LOL I don't find men sexy but he is tall, tanned, and medium build. I think the one flaw he has is his nose.

You can still judge if a man is handsome or not. I mean saying tall, tanned and medium build doesn't give much of a reference. Post a picture of someone he might look close to.

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

You can still judge if a man is handsome or not. I mean saying tall, tanned and medium build doesn't give much of a reference. Post a picture of someone he might look close to.

There is no celeb that looks like him,

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

mageleef
mageleef

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,204 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'm totally okay with the thought of marrying a girl that will stay home with the kids when they're home. Considering I was raised homsechooled, I'd like my children to be homeschooled for at least their beginning school years.

Personally though, I could never be the trophy of my spouse. I'd feel like I wasn't doing my part as a husband in caring for the one I love.

Posted Image

Archangel
Archangel

Turian Rebel

• Magikoopa
  • 2,141 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Well considering I'm currently dating a nursing student, I feel I would be quite fine being a trophy husband. Ohwait. I'll be making over 100K through work eventually... Would that make my partner and I both trophy husbands?

Rhyme
Rhyme

Caffine Addict

• Mario
  • 24,714 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well considering I'm currently dating a nursing student, I feel I would be quite fine being a trophy husband. Ohwait. I'll be making over 100K through work eventually... Would that make my partner and I both trophy husbands?

Well since I'm sure you're both drop dead gorgeous then yeah totally! :awesome:

Lugia Dragonite Guy
Lugia Dragonite Guy

Shaman 1 drops OP

• Captain Falcon
  • 6,988 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'm always big on equality, so I would feel weird being a trophy husband. I'd like to think that I would marry someone who would work and we would both work. I'm fine with him making more money than me, but I couldn't just be someone to come home to and show off at lame work parties.

Edited by Lugia Dragonite Guy, 02 April 2012 - 05:32 PM.

T_peer_pressure1.jpg

"You must buy the entire Gunnerkrigg series in hardback if you don't want to be a loser like Stacy."

Keatos
Keatos

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,827 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wait, do you know what a trophy wife is? http://en.wikipedia....iki/Trophy_wife Trophy wife doesn't equal a stay at home spouse. The big things for trophy wives are the huge age gap (old enough to be parent or even grandparent) and the husband is rich.

A trophy husband would be the same thing, I guess. I voted no anyways.

Posted Image

Zora
Zora
  • Thwomp
  • 694 Posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I honestly don't see how I could feasibly be considered a trophy husband.

Wait: Do you mean a stay-at-home spouse? No, since I'll probably like my work if I get a good job.

Edited by Zora, 02 April 2012 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

Razor Bern
Razor Bern

Pirate

• Ike
  • 9,443 Posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

I had to vote yes. I'm already a trophy husband.

ShulkSignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users