Photo

Official 3DS Demos thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
131 replies to this topic

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

With the Rayman one, I played it about 5 times trying to get past the one stage I couldn't do. Then I gave up lol. The KH demo was amazing and had great controls, but wasn't the best one for me because of the length. Rhythm Thief is my fav demo lol. I have played it about 4 times so far.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

Order Up! - Released June 21, 2012

This is some great training for you high school drop outs that are not going to make anything good of your life! Why not get this and practice and while you're at it learn the phrase "do you want fries with that"? Seriously what is this gaming world coming too! I'll bet it may be better then some of the games we had on Atari but this is a total yawn! The demo is pretty good though because it gives you a complete feel or the game. You can play it for quite some time and try out creating different orders. It didn't explain that you could do more then one item at a time, luckily I figured that out on my own. However, I know I will NEVER get this game. And if someone got it for me, I'd kick them!

Posted Image

Lego Batman 2 - Released June 19, 2012

I've only had one Lego game and that was the Star Wars one on the DS that had all 6 episodes. For a demo this game was pretty cool. You got to play for quite some time and beat up on 3 or 4 bosses I can't remember. Solving the puzzles to get around using Legos is always fun and cleaver. I also like the action of the game and slamming Robin into the bad guys is good for laughs when he blows apart! I wouldn't buy the game because of limited funds, but if I did get it as a gift I'd enjoy it.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

We have a new demo that released today!

Posted Image

Heroes of Ruin - Releases 7/17/12

Another short demo, but it really does pack a punch! The amazing thing with this demo is that it includes co-op online play and local play for up to 4 players. This is seriously SWEET! I played single player first and cleared the area without even doing everything that I could do. I got use to the controls and menus really quick and then went back to play online. In the demo you can't chat with your team mates so that makes it a bit hard, but you can see where everyone is on the map. For the full game there is voice chat to make things easier. I didn't know anything about this game before hand and after playing the demo the game is now on my radar screen.

NiGHTS
NiGHTS

Lurking in your dreams

• Pikachu
  • 8,390 Posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Glad you had some good fun with it. I played through this one a couple times in single player (might try the online tomorrow). Definetly an interesting one to be sure, kinda have had my eye on this game for a while too so it is nice to get to try a demo out of it to see how it is.

PatSig2_zps27e391b0.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yeah well I had never heard of it but I do like it so I'll pick it up. It's just a question of whether I go new or used depending on the money situation and all.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Most of the demos (including the Heroes of Ruin and Kingdom hearts... *sniff*) say "Availible at your local retailer." and will not allow me to download them. Poo.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Most of the demos (including the Heroes of Ruin and Kingdom hearts... *sniff*) say "Availible at your local retailer." and will not allow me to download them. Poo.

Yes the game themselves are available at the store, but when you click on demo, there should be an option to download the demo. All the demos listed in this thread are still available to download.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Yes the game themselves are available at the store, but when you click on demo, there should be an option to download the demo. All the demos listed in this thread are still available to download.

Perhaps I missed the link to download it. I clicked on More Details after clicking the game itself, but it didn't give me the option to download it. I'll check again later, though.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

Perhaps I missed the link to download it. I clicked on More Details after clicking the game itself, but it didn't give me the option to download it. I'll check again later, though.

Make sure you're in the demo's section of the shop and now the video's section.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Make sure you're in the demo's section of the shop and now the video's section.

Yeah, totally the demos section. Maybe my settings are weird or something. Otherwise, I'm stumped. Does the eShop not like me 3DS? :/

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

I'm not sure what's going on for you. That really sucks.

Anyways, I'm posting to fully recommend getting Crush 3D. The game is only $19.99 new now and comes with a pin number for club Nintendo. It's a really amazing puzzle game that gets you thinking. So far I've done 20% of the game and have gotten all perfect completions on my first try. The game gets harder and harder as you go on and there is trophy mode where you have to race a clock to complete a level with perfect timing.

If you haven't yet tried the demo, give it a go. Because the game itself is totally worth it.

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Oh wow, I haven't tried the Heroes of Ruin demo. Sounds awesome!

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

It's amazing! You so need to try it. I plan to get the game.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Posted Image

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - July 3rd, 2012

I'd say this is an average demo. Final Fantasy has some really well known music in this industry so it only makes sense to make a rhythm game, but as far as the demo goes, I didn't recognize either song. Not just that, but the motions do not really compliment the songs at all, it feels really out of rhythm. I do not think this game translated well for what they were trying to do. The ideas presented were good, but poorly executed.

NiGHTS
NiGHTS

Lurking in your dreams

• Pikachu
  • 8,390 Posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well I am glad I was not the only one who felt that way about the motions. The songs though I did recognized actually, although that is more because of how many Final Fantasy soundtracks my sister collects :p:

PatSig2_zps27e391b0.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,794 Posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for posting about Theatrhythm. I've been interested in this game since hearing about it.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well now you can try the demo Sanji.

And I recognized the one from 8, but not 13 and even then the one from 8 wasn't the best choice to represent the game in a demo.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,794 Posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Yes! *goes to download* X3

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

NiGHTS
NiGHTS

Lurking in your dreams

• Pikachu
  • 8,390 Posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Well I just tried out the demo for some game called The "Denpa" Men: They came by wave and well it is about as strange as the name makes it sound. At first I thought it was just some odd camera game kinda like Face Raiders but then it opened up into a kinda dungeon crawler RPG. It's not bad and might be worth giving a shot.

PatSig2_zps27e391b0.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Well you know I will try all the demos once I know about them. So yes, I will give this one a go tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about it.