• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Welcome to my guide. You have come to this thread because you have an interest in how to have your own personalized emotes on this forum. Either that or you're OCD about reading every thread here.

Q: What are Emotes?
A: Emotes or emotioncons are the little smiles that communities use. :dummy: Like this happy guy. You access them with the smile face on the forum editor.

Q: Why do people use these?
A: They can add personality to your post, and what is more personal then having your own set! So here is a guide for how to do so on this forum!

First welcome to the editor. When you make a post you use this little guy, but unless you're in the full editor (not the quick reply) you don't get all the options. To start your own emote set, you need to create or find emotes you want to use. These can be animated gifs or transparent stills. I suggest not doing to many animated because they take up your space here on the forum.

Each user is allowed only 500KB of attachment space. This is where you will be hosting your emotes so that you don't have to get a url and use them as images all the time.

Attachments.png

So after you have the emotes you plan to use, go to any post you have or make a new post. Use the full editor and the handy Attach Files section at the bottom of the editor.

Once in there you just have to upload the images. You don't even have to use them in that post you are making either, it's just a holding spot.

Once you have them on the forum and you want to use them. You can do so in quick reply or full editor. Right next to the happy smile that gives you the forums pre-set emotes, is the "My Media"

Editor.png

Click on the My Media and it will look empty, but if you go to the manage my attachments tab, you'll see all the emotes you have uploaded to the forum. Here is an example with mine:

MediaLibrary.png

Now all that is left is to select the one you want to use and BANG it's in your post. You can only use emotes that you have uploaded so if you see someone has one you like, you need to upload it yourself. That code goes in the [ ] brackets, and for my happy pony set here is the code:

How to use by code:
[ ] (Remember open at the beginning and closed at the end)
sharedmedia=core:attachments:# (The # is just the number, the hash mark does not go in the actual code)

Examples of mine :)

Wabafat.gif = 559
twilightoops.png = 558
raritystarry.png = 555
trixieshiftright.png = 556

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I do. ^_^ And if anyone wants me to make them some emotes, then let me know and I'll do my best.

Edited by Rhyme, 29 December 2013 - 11:34 AM.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Awesome! I'm gonna go find me some kitty cat emotes or something. Or some Pikachu emotes. This forum would be so completely complete with Pikachu emotes. :3

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

LOL pikachu would make things much better.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

This thread is going to be here for anyone that wants to attach items to the forum with the intention to use your My Media as away to have your own smile set. Here is a link on how to set up your personal emotes.

This thread will be bumped from time to time so that it does not auto archive so that the attachments remain active.

Attached Thumbnails

• ajsleepy.png
  • applejackunsure.png
  • ConfusedKitty.gif
  • derpytongue2.png
  • eartwitch.gif
  • EatFly.gif
  • fluttercry.png
  • flutterrage.png
  • fluttershbad.png
  • Frog.gif
  • HappyMonkey.gif
  • heart.png
  • pinkiecrazy.png
  • pinkiegasp.png
  • pinkiehappy.png
  • rainbowderp.png
  • rainbowhuh.png
  • rainbowlaugh.png
  • rainbowwild.png
  • raritydespair.png
  • raritystarry.png
  • trixieshiftright.png
  • twilightangry2.png
  • twilightoops.png
  • Wabafat.gif
  • Gir.png
  • GirDance.gif
  • mewpokeball.gif
  • GirlBlink.gif
  • GirMad.gif
  • GirSleep.gif

Edited by Ezio, 10 June 2013 - 02:02 PM.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

I want to note, apparently you can not post other peoples attachments so if you like someone's emote, you'd have to upload it yourself.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

Adding some more to my set.cutepuff.gif cutepuff.gif didyouseethat.gif owl.gif owleyes.gif smartowl.gif supercry.gif

Katsie
Katsie
  • Rattata
  • 175 Posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

My emotes.

Monokuma

Monomi

Gourry & Lina

Zelda

Yoshi

huh

franis

Edited by Katsie, 25 February 2015 - 06:58 AM.

nrIKKVa.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users