Photo

Old games that you finally beat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

Wow...I bet he wasn't happy. XD;;

No he was quite upset about it. He sent me a picture of the screen and said "I'm done".

Lol.

:)

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,750 Posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Rage quit. XD;;

I've always heard that it was a bad game.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

That's really odd for a save file to be deleted like that. Maybe the cartridge is corrupted?

Could always do a play through of it in one go without having to worry about it getting deleted.

Though I personally loved Glover when I was young. I beat it 100% even.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

That's really odd for a save file to be deleted like that. Maybe the cartridge is corrupted?

Could always do a play through of it in one go without having to worry about it getting deleted.

The only real explanation is that the cartridge probably does have corrupted data on it.

Anyway, not really an old game per say, but I finally beat the first Kingdom Hearts for the first time since I got that game about 10 years ago.

2rcwyzs.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

The only real explanation is that the cartridge probably does have corrupted data on it.

Anyway, not really an old game per say, but I finally beat the first Kingdom Hearts for the first time since I got that game about 10 years ago.

Woah, wait, since when did Kingdom Hearts become over 10 years old?

What is happening, where did the time go?

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

That's what I thought too, how odd it is for a game file to just be deleted out of nowhere. And it wasn't all of the files at once, it was the one my brother was playing. And he tried his hand at the next closest file, and that too, was deleted. 

Odd odd stuff. But that's awesome you beat it! It's so difficult!

Innocence
Innocence

keep talking

• Rattata
  • 279 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

I recently managed to fully complete the original Spyro trilogy and Chrono Cross  :aww: super happy. 

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

I recently managed to fully complete the original Spyro trilogy and Chrono Cross  :aww: super happy. 

The original Spyro games are the best. Luckily I beat those games a long time ago, so I don't have to worry about those on my backlog. The newer Spyro games after the first 3 just don't appeal to me much.

I still need to finish Chrono Cross though...

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Innocence
Innocence

keep talking

• Rattata
  • 279 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

The original Spyro games are the best. Luckily I beat those games a long time ago, so I don't have to worry about those on my backlog. The newer Spyro games after the first 3 just don't appeal to me much.

I still need to finish Chrono Cross though...

I agree  :pleased: the first three ones will always be amazing, but that's the case with original things. The first ones are always deemed to be the best, any altering or changes aren't welcomed with open arms most of the time, depending if it enhances the game or makes it crumble to the ground. Like with Spyro  :sadness:  

And Chrono Cross was epic  :la: loved it so much and I still remember the first day my father had purchased it  :happybig: so many good feelings. Makes me wanna finish it all over again. 

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

I agree  :pleased: the first three ones will always be amazing, but that's the case with original things. The first ones are always deemed to be the best, any altering or changes aren't welcomed with open arms most of the time, depending if it enhances the game or makes it crumble to the ground. Like with Spyro  :sadness:  

And Chrono Cross was epic  :la: loved it so much and I still remember the first day my father had purchased it  :happybig: so many good feelings. Makes me wanna finish it all over again. 

Yeah, though normally I don't mind changes if it helps enhances the game. But with Spyro, they changed the things that made me enjoy it in the first place. Everybody else I know dislikes the changes they made with the games too.

I loved Chrono Cross for what I've played of it, but because I ended up not getting the game until several years later, it made it hard to keep up on playing it with so many other newer games to play. But I would like to go back and finish it at some point.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Cam3ron36@NP
Cam3ron36@NP

Retro Gamer/Reviewer

• Rattata
  • 163 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Interesting timing on this.  Never played Banjo Kazooie as a kid, bought in late 2012 because I love rareware games from back then.  Took a couple of hiatus' for no reason from the game, but 100% it last night randomly, now to just beat the boss.

Edited by Cam3ron36@NP, 26 August 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Innocence
Innocence

keep talking

• Rattata
  • 279 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, though normally I don't mind changes if it helps enhances the game. But with Spyro, they changed the things that made me enjoy it in the first place. Everybody else I know dislikes the changes they made with the games too.

I loved Chrono Cross for what I've played of it, but because I ended up not getting the game until several years later, it made it hard to keep up on playing it with so many other newer games to play. But I would like to go back and finish it at some point.

Same here as well, none of the people I know have liked what they've done with him. Changes are acceptable when they're to better the game, obviously, but the kinds that completely alter the structure and main gameplay/point of the game just tend to kill it for you. The new generation of children have learned to naturally love the game, seeing as they're probably unaware of it's better, glorious past. Sad times, these.

Haha yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Been doing that with the first pokémon games, but I keep getting sucked up within the vortex of the new ones and the upcoming anticipation of October  :sadness:

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Interesting timing on this.  Never played Banjo Kazooie as a kid, bought in late 2012 because I love rareware games from back then.  Took a couple of hiatus' for no reason from the game, but 100% it last night randomly, now to just beat the boss.

Oh man! I never beat Banjo Kazooie before. It's so difficult! A lot of the worlds are so hard. (coughcoughRustyBucketBaycoughcoughClanker'sCaverncoughcough)

I beat Banjo Tooie though, and I got back into playing it earlier this summer, but lost interest. Now thanks to you, I want to play again! :D

Edited by NintendoQueen, 26 August 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Sunkissii
Sunkissii

Zzzz

• Armos Knight
  • 3,404 Posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

KH2 and pokemon games.

(even though it wasn't 100% because I didn't complete the pokedex or whatever).

I never really understood of completing it anyways.

And plus, I was kinda picky of certain pokemon.

And too. Keeping all the pokemon and putting them in the PC, would

of been a waste of time for me because I know I wasn't gonna train em or whatever.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~