Photo

As one era ends, another begins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

So as you may have noticed, there had been some changes in the staff recently. Hero and Kyle are no longer administrators, and I am.

Unfortunately Kyle has moved on to other things, as his interest in the Nintendo Pipeline has been slowly decreasing over the last year or two. As such, he sought out a person to take the reigns of the Nintendo Pipeline and see to its future development.

After having a discussion with the administrators and sages, we came to a conclusion that I should be the one to take responsibility for a number of reasons, such as my dedication to the website as whole, my coding skills, and a few others.

There are going to be quite a few changes in these next few days as the other staff members and sages will be discussing certain staff matters. As of this moment, things aren't a hundred percent certain on how the new staff layout will be - we have discussing this over the last couple days but we hope to come to a conclusion sometime soon. Included in the discussion is the current Sage rank, and how it has essentially ran rampant, with the rank dispersed to so many (we hope to change this).

So in conclusion, I hope you all welcome me as the new owner of the Nintendo Pipeline, thank you.

-MageLeif

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well I'm really happy to see something being done. You have shown great dedication to this community and this is well deserved. Not to mention the money you have put into this place. I'm sure we are in good hands. Thank you Leif for stepping up and if all does go well, heck we might become a school project for you at some point

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Congrats! Do we all get free squirtles now? 83

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Well I'm really happy to see something being done. You have shown great dedication to this community and this is well deserved. Not to mention the money you have put into this place. I'm sure we are in good hands. Thank you Leif for stepping up and if all does go well, heck we might become a school project for you at some point

Heh I don't think you guys would ever be used in a school project, but putting owner of a forum on a resumé would look pretty good. :)

You know what? I actually have this desktop wallpaper saved in my hard drive, just uploaded to imgur!

Posted Image

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

That sounds so incredibly dirty.

It seems like just yesterday Kyle said the same thing about Hero. However, I am eagerly waiting to see what is going to happen in the near future. Congratulations Mage, you deserve it!

Trinity
Trinity

Speaks In Animated Images

• Zelda
  • 5,329 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

We should have more Pokémon content on this forum in his honour.
Posted Image
Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

That sounds so incredibly dirty.

It seems like just yesterday Kyle said the same thing about Hero. However, I am eagerly waiting to see what is going to happen in the near future. Congratulations Mage, you deserve it!

I did not intend for that to sound dirty. At all. o_o;;

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Congratz on the rank up Mage. Good to see that the forum can still go on even when the admins move on.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

ALL HAIL MAGELEIF! ALL HAIL MAGELEF! ALL HAIL MAGELEIF!
I can't wait to see what is done in the future. Best of luck to staff and sages/whatever they'll become, in their progress.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was going to say resume at first, but I thought it might be a bit cheesy lol.

Shoe
Shoe

I didn't do it

• Bulborb
  • 845 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

So Mage is the dictator owner now?
Alright, better pull out the signs everyone
Spoiler

In all seriousness, congrats Mage! You have proven to be a truly dedicated member as far as I have seen over the years I think you have the ability to handle the job, so I think this is reasonable decision.
All in all...
Posted Image

Oh the irony...
I swear it was all predestined to happen. Mage would eventually become the owner of this site, its a conspiracy...j/k

Edited by Shoe, 12 November 2012 - 12:46 AM.

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm excited to see what the future holds, Mage. I think you're the right guy for the spot.

I also think this is appropriate to post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.

Sunkissii
Sunkissii
  • Armos Knight
  • 3,410 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Wow. Everything is happening to fast. Though I'm glad to see this happening.
Even though I don't know you as much. Good job with everything. And hope to see improvements in future wise. Also...

Posted Image

Edited by Sunny, 08 November 2012 - 10:00 PM.

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

You know, since everyone is posting pokemon related things, I think I should tell you that the very end of GI mag Dec 2012 had a questions asked about pokemon section. I think I'm going to go and post that up now for fun!

Hero-of-the-Dark
Hero-of-the-Dark

Pony Riffer

• Armos Knight
  • 3,410 Posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

All hail Emperor Mageleif! May his reign last for over 9,000 topics!
Posted Image
Posted Image
By the Sensei Waddle

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Major respect out to MageLeif, he's on a new level. If anybody where to get the promo, it should've been you.

2rcwyzs.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Commander we have a problem. Friends are no longer showing in profile, in fact you can't manage a friends list anywhere on the forum anymore from what I can see.

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Pfff who needs friends?

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Congratulations, Mage! You are definitely a good choice for admin.

Hopefully Kyle will still stop by occasionally </3

majorasmask.jpg

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Commander we have a problem. Friends are no longer showing in profile, in fact you can't manage a friends list anywhere on the forum anymore from what I can see.

Oh that's right, that happened at the same time when the "Quotes System" was disabled. Anyways yes one thing I will definitly take a look at soon.

EDIT: Friends has been fixed!