• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Just to explain why I have moved all video blog/unboxing videos to General Discussion:

The "multimedia" part of the title of the board, in reference to videos, implies artistic multimedia, not personal videos without artistic intent. Examples of videos with artistic intent include making a music video, making an animation, short films, etcetera. Also included are videos of musical performance, which includes playing an instrument and singing, as long as it's done with serious, artistic intent and not simply the user practicing an instrument or something of the sort.

Sorry for the vague wording. This isn't intended to punish or warn anyone, it's just to clarify.

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Well mine is just reviewing products that I open. So does mine fit?

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Your review videos should go in the Review or General Discussion. If you want, I can move it to the Review board.

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Nah just leave it in General Discussion.

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hey, I totally understand the reason behind it. When it was just NQ one person it didn't clutter the board and was fine. And that got me thinking after people mentioned it that it is better to have just one and not a fad. I plan to close mine because even though I've been wanting to vlog for a long time, I don't want to steal her thunder. What she does is great.

With that said, I really think hers is artistic. She created those letters herself by hand, she's going to school to be a teacher for young children and that in itself requires a bit of dramatic feel and artistic flair. Her videos are artistic in the sense that they are almost like a TV show and directing a show or making entertainment is art as well. I really think her's should stay on the Art board so that it doesn't get lost in the world of general discussion.

I plan to lock mine because I've decided that I want to try and do my Hot or Not thread as a vlog and include a video vlog with each installment. This way it's different and my videos would be posted with my game previews and NQ can maintain her individuality.

So please consider putting NQ back on the Multimedia board.

Thank you

Edited by Tali'Zorah, 10 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.

NintendoQueen
NintendoQueen

Haaaave You Met Ted?

• Space Pirate
  • 2,482 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Whoopsie! That'd be my fault! I had no idea where to put it, so thank you Decho for the clarification! x]

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users