28 replies to this topic

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

I still think a mockup would be better, as someone might want to go a bit further than just editing images... The white post area may look bad if it is kept white with some designs.

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Alright, since in a mock-up you are essentially editing the very images that I will be supplying in the .zip file, I will accept those.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

What about color schemes though? We can edit image colors, but not everything is image based and some colors may have to be edited through code. Furthermore, are you sure all you need is images to upload? Usually images and such would have to be added through code anyways to implement them. Unless some form of PHP system is used or something and it automatically updates images based off what's in the folder. In which case, all images will need to keep the same name as the default images for it to even work right.

Though going by the first part is the main reason mock-ups need to be done. Changing colors is pretty easy to do in the coding. :v

Edited by Slasher, 22 November 2012 - 02:52 AM.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

What about color schemes though? We can edit image colors, but not everything is image based and some colors may have to be edited through code.

In the mock-up, you can color a specific part of the forum to your liking. Any colors you change, I will take note and change it as well in the PHP code.

Furthermore, are you sure all you need is images to upload? Usually images and such would have to be added through code anyways to implement them. Unless some form of PHP system is used or something and it automatically updates images based off what's in the folder. In which case, all images will need to keep the same name as the default images for it to even work right.

Yes, I have done that already. Since I have all images linked to the PHP file, people will have to be sure to not change the image file names.

Responses in red.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure those things were clarified.

Also, congrats on 8888 posts, Mage. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

OKAY!

The link in the OP has been updated. There are a total of 28 images that you can edit. Also, mock-ups are 100% acceptable as well!

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Yes, but I know for myself, I'm not going to make all the images unless I win. I'd rather make a sample showing what the skin would look like and if I won, I'd make all the buttons.

As for the board icons, you can only have one set for all the skins as far as I know, so that should be a different contest. Because you wouldn't want the buttons to be specific to one skin and then add new skins later.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yes, but I know for myself, I'm not going to make all the images unless I win. I'd rather make a sample showing what the skin would look like and if I won, I'd make all the buttons.

Yes, that sound fair.

As for the board icons, you can only have one set for all the skins as far as I know, so that should be a different contest. Because you wouldn't want the buttons to be specific to one skin and then add new skins later.

There are stand-alone icons for the board that can change along with the skin. Currently for the SW skin, these Triforces are to be displayed:

Posted Image
Posted Image

However, it seems that they aren't linked correctly or something, as the default ones still show (odd, as I could have sworn I saw Triforce icons earlier).

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Ohhh well that's cool then. I guess I never knew that because when I was an Admin on NS2 I was always told they had to be the same for all skins lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users