12 replies to this topic

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

This is quite a dilemma, because everyone knows I tend to write in-depth posts instead of one sentence. Yesterday I became unable to create a line break in my posts. If I hit "enter" while typing....*hit enter 10 times*...nothing happens. All of my posts are going to be impenetrable walls of text. :ticked: Any ideas on how to fix this one? I'm running IE10 in Windows 8; I've got nothing against using a different browser, I just noticed that IE9/10 were running better than Firefox and Chrome on this PC so I switched. I've been running IE most of the time I've been active on the website...dunno what the problem is. EDIT: Also, I tried writing my posts in notepad and copy/pasting them...still no line breaks.

Edited by Joshua, 24 November 2012 - 02:25 PM.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

How strange...

I'm able to make line breaks. I remember Jmarz talking about having trouble with this too yesterday, maybe it's a permissions issue...?

A very strange permissions issue, though.

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

There was a user on another forum that uses the same software having the same issue. Could be your browser, but it's not a forum issue so I don't think staff could do anything to fix this.

I'm using an iPad with no issue.

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

So I just found out the colors are busted to. : /

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well, I took the time to reinstall Firefox, and......
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
This is definitely a problem with how IPB works in IE10. Guess I'll just keep Firefox around for Pipeline - I like you guys enough for that. :lol:

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

So I just found out the colors are busted to. : /

Really? I know I've seen ZSoF do it, and I know I can.

It might be an IE issue, really weird though.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

test
if thats red this rank works with color

and it works

It's already a confirmed non-rank issue. The problem is with IE not supporting how typing a post works.
Although an easy fix would be to change the "editing mode", which is the button at the farthest top left when typing a post, which looks like a flip switch. That way it will make the posts use the bbcode tags instead of the bbcode trying to take effect within the post editor.
Not entirely sure if it will fix the pressing enter issue, but the color issue might be fixed. And for all I know, it could also be affecting how enter works too.

Edited by Slasher, 25 November 2012 - 12:40 PM.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Oh its an IE issue? I guess we can just ignore it then.

It's just very strange that IE9 worked perfectly and IE10 - which is better in every way (except this apparently) - doesn't. : /

I didn't know about toggling the editing mode. I may try that and see what it does.

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

I really wish Microsoft will just stop with the IE's. It's really a pain for web developers. I'll look into it, but generally we tend to ignore IE site issues and just recommend people use a different web browser. :)

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

If a browser is updated and a website is not, then things become incomparable. Such as this forum software having no editor for iPads. But once we update to 3.4 that is fixed and I will finally be able to use the editor. So we will have to wait for a software update that fixes the issues with IE10

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yep this is my Problem as well...

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I really wish Microsoft will just stop with the IE's. It's really a pain for web developers. I'll look into it, but generally we tend to ignore IE site issues and just recommend people use a different web browser. :)

Obviously we have no control over how IPB develops the forum software, but in general I consider that a poor way to look at web design. All of the browsers have their kinks, and Internet Explorer is no worse than any other now.

Back in the days when IE6 was a very dominant and very outdated browser, I agree, it was a complete pain to design anything for IE. It required lots of CSS hacking and work-arounds just to make the simplest thing work. Ever since then, IE has just gotten better. IE9 was a huge step forward, and IE10 is just as advanced as the latest Chrome and Firefox.

Not so long ago, I always kept every browser installed (including 3 versions of Internet Explorer) just to make sure the website I was designing looked at least mostly the same and/or worked in each. Today, I don't even bother most of the time. I design primarily looking at whatever browser I happen to be a fan of at the time (I rotate :P) and the others turn out fine.

Granted, I am not developing forum skins or overly complex Javascript filled websites (though Twitter Bootstrap and JQuery are nice). /rant

Oh, and it would appear that the code editor works perfectly. I'm 100% fine with using the code editor; I'm pretty sure Zelda Universe has no other option. So, case solved!

Edited by Joshua, 25 November 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Obviously we have no control over how IPB develops the forum software, but in general I consider that a poor way to look at web design. All of the browsers have their kinks, and Internet Explorer is no worse than any other now.

Back in the days when IE6 was a very dominant and very outdated browser, I agree, it was a complete pain to design anything for IE. It required lots of CSS hacking and work-arounds just to make the simplest thing work. Ever since then, IE has just gotten better. IE9 was a huge step forward, and IE10 is just as advanced as the latest Chrome and Firefox.

Not so long ago, I always kept every browser installed (including 3 versions of Internet Explorer) just to make sure the website I was designing looked at least mostly the same and/or worked in each. Today, I don't even bother most of the time. I design primarily looking at whatever browser I happen to be a fan of at the time (I rotate :P) and the others turn out fine.

Granted, I am not developing forum skins or overly complex Javascript filled websites (though Twitter Bootstrap and JQuery are nice). /rant

Oh, and it would appear that the code editor works perfectly. I'm 100% fine with using the code editor; I'm pretty sure Zelda Universe has no other option. So, case solved!

I agree it's rather poor. Unfortunately I would have no idea why, and quite frankly I have no way of running or testing things on my operating system. I'll look into it and see if others have had the same issue, but I can't guarantee anything. :)

Glad the code editor works fine though!

Edit: I'd like to correct myself, actually. I misspoke. We don't ignore IE site issues as much as we just don't list them as of high of a priority. My bad!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users