and all thru the house
not a creature was stirring
IT'S TIME FOR DECHO'S DRAW POKEMON BLIND CONTEST FOUR!!!! - THE BIG SPECIAL
Waddle's Funky, the NEW best friend... and thread mascot... and FESTIVE
dog we just had a thread about this you gotta getcha getcha getcha getcha head in the game.
Here are the rules. There's a new one at the end and some minor revisions, including some rule deletions, so take all of ten seconds to read them.
1. You must draw it blind. Seriously I will call shenanigans if someone shows up with a Baroque-style portrait of Pikachu lying dead on the ground with an angel crying over its corpse. As a clarification, you should be drawing the entire thing blind. No opening your eyes or looking at it at all, no drawing it bit by bit, opening your eyes to position yourself, and so on.
2. A reference picture is not needed, but I can tell when you didn't try. I would recommend using one and putting one in, though, as it can help raise appreciation sometimes.
3. You can pick the Pokemon, but be aware that you probably will not win because you drew a blob and called it Diglett, Ditto, etcetera. Also Missingo nor any other glitch or Fakemon count.
4. Don't complain about results. This is just for fun, it doesn't really matter who wins, especially since the prize situation is currently in limbo. People can and might win in multiple categories.
5. I can tell if you intentionally made it bad. Seriously, the best ones come from those who actually try. See our mascot, which no, was not suppose to be a Kangaskhan.
6. Only send in your first effort. This is entirely honor system, yeah, but it's just kinda fun-killing to try again and again and again.
7. You may submit two drawings and an unlimited amount of edits per week. An edit is when you take someone else's work and bring it to life (read the categories for more info).
8. Optional, but I recommend you put a title on your works.
9. Tip: make it smooth. Use brush tools, not pencil tools, turn on anti-aliasing if the program you're using supports that, do whatever you need. Abominations are fun, yes, but they're most amusing when they're at least somewhat visually pleasing.
10. Tip two: use a computer program. It just kinda looks nicer.
Anyways, with that aside, here are the categories you can win. Also, seriously, don't try for the first two. Whatever will be will be when it comes to blind drawing.
1. Best Looking - This one's simple, just the one that's most accurate. Not the most exciting, but it's seriously impressive when someone does one of these well.
2. Abomination - This is the one for the worst looking, most horrifying one. Again, do not aim for this. A blob of lines intended to be a blob of lines is ungodly obvious. Also, a good abomination usually has a shape to it.
3. Best Edit - Here's where your artistic abilities get put to the test. Take someone else's drawing and let your imagination run wild by editing it. Color it in and bring life to it in some way by giving it a definite shape. You do not have to use every line, but just make sure the general shape of the original is used. Also, be sure to state whose you edited. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE THESE BLIND. Think outside of the box with this. You don't just have to color in the Pokemon, though that does lead to some hilarious results sometimes.
4. Percival - This is the award for the best name of a drawing. Also yes please name your drawings something clever. Or honestly, if you're not clever, just throw anything out there. I'm easily amused.
SPECIAL "THE BIG GIMMICK" CATEGORIES!!!
5. Abominable Snowman - It's winter holiday time/general winter celebratory time, so you're allowed to enter a third blind Pokemon, but it has to in some way reflect the season. Draw it blind as usual, but add in something to make it festive or traditionally winter-y, be it a red Santa cap, a sleigh, a stocking, out in the snow, whatever you can think of. Feel free to point out what you did in the comments, because odds are, nobody's going to be able to tell unless you're exceptionally good at this. This category is entirely optional. Also, please stick to the secular with this, even if it you're going holiday based and your holiday does have religious origins etc etc.
6. Festive Edit - Separate category for the most festive edit. Again, entirely optional. Feel free to skip over these two.
So, what about awards?
Awards are perpetually in limbo right now. I'll try to think of something.
The time frame is from now until December
GET DRAWING. Reminder: completely blind. No peaking at any point, no drawing part of it, opening your eyes, and going back to fix something, etcetera.