Photo

Rhythm Heaven

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Darros
Darros

That guy who barely posted then left.

• Rattata
  • 259 Posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Warning: GIF Attack

Posted ImagePosted Image

So not so recently ((sometime over the summer)) I was introduced to a little series called Rhythm Heaven by a user of YouTube called Overhazard. She did a complete playthrough of Rhythm Heaven Fever for the Wii, and I followed it. I played the GBA game, Rhythm Tengoku, on my computer after looking into it and figuring out it was a series.
Basically, the premise is that there's minigames. You have to press buttons to the beat of a song to do certain tasks. Every 4 or 5 stages you'll play a "Remix Stage" which takes stages you've played before and puts them out of order to the beat of a new song.
Posted Image
The series has 3 games. Rhythm Tengoku is Japan Only, and for the GBA. It's the most simple of the games, and the shortest, having 8 rows of 6 games instead of 10 rows of 5, and less original stages to play with ((once you hit a certain point you start hitting sequel stages)).
Posted Image
The second game, Rhythm Heaven, is for the DS. It utilizes the touch screen, and a gimmick called flicking. One problem users found with Rhythm Heaven DS is that Flicking was very picky when it came to scoring, and people found themselves making mistakes often.
Posted Image
The third game is for the Wii and it's called Rhythm Heaven Fever. It's the only one I haven't completed yet ((Curse you, Remix 10!)), being a lot more difficult than the other games in the series. It's generally faster in tempo than its predecessors and has a few more complicated stages. Rhythm Heaven Fever doesn't utilize motion controls, likely because of the pickiness of the DS game.
Posted Image

Has anyone else here heard of Rhythm Heaven? If so, do you have any favorite stages, or ones that made you rage? I'm strangely into Fork Lifter, I like the tune, and it's simple yet fun. I also like Lockstep and its use of offbeats.
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you've never heard of Rhythm Heaven, I suggest you check it out. It's a ton of fun, and isn't ridiculously expensive.

Edited by Darros, 12 December 2012 - 11:17 PM.

instagram_36x36_zpsaa853900.pngYouTubeIcon_36x36_zpsac6dff8c.pngtumblr36x36_zpsba548837.png

[7:21:50 PM] Sharpy: trauma center not getting another game would traumatize fans.
[7:21:52 PM] Sharpy: amirite.

Sharpy speaks DA TRUTH

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

I've seen it, haven't played it though.
Rhythm games are fun though. As long as you have a decent flow of rhythm. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I haven't tried this rhythm game, but there are some that I have enjoyed. So far the one that has a demo on the 3DS is my fav but I still did not get it. I just love how the beat really does flow with the motions.

I play Guitar Hero though and I love those games. Rhythm games to me are a good time killer if your waiting for something or someone or just want to relax a little bit.

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Rhythm Heaven, both the Wii and DS versions, were really awesome, although the Wii version was quite difficult to tell what you were supposed to be doing. I played them both and I adored the art style.

I always like the seal one though. Mostly because seal's are my favorite animals.

hA0AZYy.png

Darros
Darros

That guy who barely posted then left.

• Rattata
  • 259 Posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I haven't tried this rhythm game, but there are some that I have enjoyed. So far the one that has a demo on the 3DS is my fav but I still did not get it. I just love how the beat really does flow with the motions.

Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure was a fun demo. I liked the level with the hiding behind the statues. Rhythm Heaven flows nicely with it's music and motions from what I find. A couple of games have a few wonky inputs, but the only notable example I can think of is the Wii's Remix 7 and the stupid Cheer Readers offbeats.

instagram_36x36_zpsaa853900.pngYouTubeIcon_36x36_zpsac6dff8c.pngtumblr36x36_zpsba548837.png

[7:21:50 PM] Sharpy: trauma center not getting another game would traumatize fans.
[7:21:52 PM] Sharpy: amirite.

Sharpy speaks DA TRUTH

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,722 Posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I have Rhythm Heaven for the DS but have barely played it. 8'I

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image