Photo

Nintendo Direct - 1/23/13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED.

I'm far too lazy to find all of the stories and write about them here, so I'm stealing this post from Destructoid.

-------------------------------

Not sure if this should be in the Wii U area or if this is fine here but OKAY COMMENCE THREAD.

Tomorrow (1/23) at 2PM GMT, Nintendo will be hosting a Nintendo Direct conference to discuss upcoming Wii U titles (aka not New Leaf).

SO WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO?

Source: http://www.nintendo....ect-698557.html

Edited by Toadeh, 23 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I don't have a Wii U, but some of the titles I see may persuade me to trade in the Wii and get a Wii U once tax returns are back.

My biggest influence would definitely be a LoZ title.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

JMarz
JMarz

Rhyme's Love

• Armos Knight
  • 3,249 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

List of things I want:
GTA 5
A mario title in 3D
LoZ title
Metroid title

JessSig_zps4aa17d34.png

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

The fact that this is happening has me unsure what to think. It would be awesome of Nintendo is starting to announce major first party titles outside of E3 (something happening more and more often; for example, Pokémon X and Y), but I'm hesitant to get too excited because traditionally E3 is where all of the awesome happens.

I'm expecting to see a lot of third party games we already know about, and maybe a surprise (the surprise being an announcement that exciting-upcoming-third-party-game is coming to WiiU in addition to PS3 and Xbox 360).

I really hope the real announcements are about first party games that fans will care about.

There are two things I am convinced we will not see: The Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

There are two things I'd like to see. Both seem unlikely, but are more realistic than some others.

1. I want to see Retro Studio's new game
I'd love to see Retro tackle reviving an old franchise (StarTropics is a favorite when this idea comes up) or developing a new franchise. However, right now I think the most likely project is a 2D Metroid game.

Retro Studios has more-or-less defined the Metroid series for the past decade. After that, they switched over and developed the best Donkey Kong game since, well, ever. I think they could take their experiences with Donkey Kong and apply it to Metroid to make the perfect 2D Metroid game.

2. I want an official announcement detailing the Mother republication project.
There are a few theories, but no details on this project other than a couple brief mentions that it exists. I think it's more likely that, whatever it is, it will appear on the 3DS, but I'd love to be surprised. My biggest hope is that this is a full remake of the original Mother.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

The fact that this is happening has me unsure what to think. It would be awesome of Nintendo is starting to announce major first party titles outside of E3 (something happening more and more often; for example, Pokémon X and Y), but I'm hesitant to get too excited because traditionally E3 is where all of the awesome happens.

Makes me wonder as well what they're going to announce at E3. The E3 announcements have still got to be better than the Nintendo Direct ones. IMO, I think they'll save a LoZ announcement for E3.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,795 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Welp, looks like I'll be avoid the internet tomorrow until I watch this. 8V

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Welp, looks like I'll be avoid the internet tomorrow until I watch this. 8V

Well, it's first thing in the morning, so you won't wait long. :)

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,795 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well, it's first thing in the morning, so you won't wait long. :)

No I mean I'll have to go straight to Youtube to avoid spoilers. 8'P

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

As long as Mario and/or Zelda is around, Nintendo will stay. But I want to hear an actual new franchise to come out, that would be cool!

Edited by Jinzo, 22 January 2013 - 10:41 PM.

2rcwyzs.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

There has been a ton of rumors going about with new Wii U titles. Although I doubt that anything new will be announced in this Direct. It's entirely possibly they could. Besides a lot of press sites have been hinting at something by saying "You might want to stay tuned to us, just saying." As if something new will be around. It's all eerie, but exciting.

Also I'm prepared to dodge the table flippers.

hA0AZYy.png

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I've pretty much learned not to set the bar very high with these Nintendo Direct conferences.

I'd just like to see something that makes me want to buy a Wii U, and that could really be any number of things.

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

I've pretty much learned not to set the bar very high with these Nintendo Direct conferences.

I dunno, Nintendo seems pretty set on convincing us otherwise. After all, the last Nintendo Direct announced the biggest changes to Pokémon ever. They've also used it in the past to make surprise announcements like Xenoblade.

It really looks like Nintendo is planning to do more Nintendo Direct more often to keep us informed and/or excited about Nintendo.

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

"We know this is a Wii U Nintendo Direct, but we have some good information regard an upcoming Animal Crossing title..."

I like to dream.

Posted Image

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I fixed your quote so it applies to me.

Also, I SHOULD BE WATCHING THE CONFERENCE RIGHT NOW BUT I'M NOT

majorasmask.jpg

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Sososososososo....what was the conference about?

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I just updated the first post with all of the announcements.

OH MY GOD WIND WAKER HD.

I didn't think this was really something I wanted that badly but looking at those comparisons in the video made me excited in lots of ways and lots of places so I guess I need it really really badly.

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Well look at me being completely wrong. Both things I guaranteed wouldn't show we're talked about.

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm so happy you were wrong, and I mean that in the best way possible.

Also, my wish was granted. I now want a Wii U. All in all, this was a successful conference.

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Well look at me being completely wrong. Both things I guaranteed wouldn't show we're talked about.

Well we technically didn't hear anything about Smash Brothers other than it needs more time.

But anyway, this Nintendo Direct was actually pretty sweet :) Lots of things to be excited for (especially that Yoshi game <3)

majorasmask.jpg

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I like how before it, everyone was saying how bad it usually is and that it will be bad like usual. Now everyone seems hyped up about it. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler