Photo

Fire Emblem, Awakening

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Nooooo, as stated above, this was my first FE game. I did not want characters to die.:( so I played on casual. I am playing Scared Stones, which I just found, well no  choice with that one, so I can see I will be resetting a bit. I have never played a game where characters die forever, that just sucks. I don't think I want to do that, this is fantasy after-all, I get enough dying in real life. 

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Ah oops sorry I must have assumed incorrectly because I saw "Sacred Stones". Also reading is hard when your attention is split between multiple different things. D:

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well, now that you've played Casual, might I suggest you try Classic now? It makes it so that EVERY. MOVE. COUNTS.

2rcwyzs.png

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Well, now that you've played Casual, might I suggest you try Classic now? It makes it so that EVERY. MOVE. COUNTS.

I was sort of thinking of doing it on hard or lunatic, but casual, I am doing Sacred Stones right now. So it will be a good test of whether I can take the resetting or not.  And in Awakening I did not actually loose that many people, a few at the mid point, but after that I was too strong, well it appeared I was anyway lol. 

Posted Image

Lugia Dragonite Guy
Lugia Dragonite Guy

Brave Frontier

• Captain Falcon
  • 7,079 Posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Usually Fire Emblem is the type of game where I play through the game like 5 times. I spice things up by using different characters each time.

browneyedgirlsarekillingbill_zpsb4ee5a57

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

There is spot pass in this game, but I don't know how it works. This is my first FE game too. You could try recruiting everyone and getting married and having babies. I heard that Sully births a beast!

But I don't know anything about the game. Lol I'm playing blind and haven't read the tutorials in the game either lol

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

LOL @ Tali'Zorah. Spot Pass click on X, go to wireless, go to Spot Pass. It is probably already activated but from there you can turn it off and on. Also you will see in the same place, Bonus Box, Street Pass Team, Double Duel think that is just for people close to you, Renown Awards and Avatar Logbook.:) Have fun it is a great game.

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Did you sleep with all the children and make babies?

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I've been on a playing spree the last couple of days; so far I'm on chapter 14.

Also wow I really love the music in this game, especially the one in Chapter 10 (the one with those bone mountains and the general in the upper-left corner). With the rain mixed with the somewhat depressing feel of the music, it makes a really good atmosphere.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm at chapter 10 right now.

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Did you sleep with all the children and make babies?

Umm, Unfortunate wording there Tali. You pair up the original men and ladies, when they reach S status they marry,  most of them will produce an offspring that you will have to find on the map. One is very tricky to find, I did not get him. Then you can pair up the offspring with other offspring, but only I think one gets married, but no kids.

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Lol wording was intentional XD

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

I think I'm on Chapter 7. I've been doing a lot of side-battles with the random Risen that appear on the map and the people I get via SpotPass. This game is fantastic and most days I have trouble putting it down, but I'm trying to limit myself as I have other things that need to get done XD

Edited by Grooms, 11 March 2013 - 08:37 AM.

majorasmask.jpg

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

JMarz and I streetOassed today so now I have his Avatar on my team ^_^ that's actually pretty cool feature, but I wish there was online battles. It would have really added to the replay value.

I'm now on chapter 11 and 4 side missions done. No DLC right now.

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Gah, I am trying to do the latest map we got, not going to give it away for anyone who has not got it yet, but if I can get the character that would be awesome, but it is super hard. Fifth try tomorrow. Such a beautiful game, I keep going back to just tinker around in it. 

Posted Image

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I just bought the Golden Map pack and I LOVE that they made a map specifically for getting gold. I've been running super low, so it's nice to be able to restock my inventory :D

And hey, @MageLeif or @ZeldaSageofFire, is it possible to merge threads? Because we have like 2 or 3 Fire Emblem Awakening threads and they're all pretty general.

Edited by Grooms, 17 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

majorasmask.jpg

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

I just bought the Golden Map pack and I LOVE that they made a map specifically for getting gold. I've been running super low, so it's nice to be able to restock my inventory :D

And hey, @MageLeif or @ZeldaSageofFire, is it possible to merge threads? Because we have like 2 or 3 Fire Emblem Awakening threads and they're all pretty general.

I believe there is a way, yes. I'll see what I can do. And if Mage gets to it before I do, then he'll do it. xD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Okay I merged the three, it auto-sorts them by post date which is pretty cool, but I guess it might make the flow of reading this thread from the first to the last post kind of strange.

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,509 Posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Yay, I did it, I got someone back, whoohoo. Took me 5 tries lol. I wonder how long they will keep releasing these maps on spot pass. This was a really good one. 

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm really in love with some of the soundtracks in this game; here's a few of my favorites.

Destiny

Fate

Tragedy