Photo

Nintendo Direct - 2/14/13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Happy early Valentine's Day, Pipeliners!

Thanks to Twitter, I was just made aware of a Nintendo Direct airing tomorrow at 6AM PST. That's what, 9AM Eastern Time? (which we all know is the superior time zone hehehe)

Anywho, I thought we might discuss what's going to go on in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. After the past few bits of news that Nintendo has released, I'm getting pretty excited to hear any new news from Nintendo. Especially if it is Pokemon or Zelda related. Or anything for 3DS.

According to @MyNintendoNews on Twitter, the North America Nintendo Direct tomorrow will feature news from the 3DS AND the Wii U. The European Nintendo Direct will only feature 3DS.

Since I am technically in class right now and haven't yet had the time to go research this anymore, does anyone have anything to share?

Personally, I'm hoping for a release date for Windwaker HD or something awesome for the 3DS. As well as some more news about Pokemon X and Y. 

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

If there's not a New Leaf release date, I'm going to become violent.

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii dragon quest vii please

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I've contacted my super secret sources, and there appears to be less rumors for this one then the last one. I suspect it's more details on previous games, possibly a definite release date for Wonderful 101. Also, I've heard a little bit about a mention for Animal Crossing. Definitely nothing in the way of release dates though.

Also, expect some third party news.

hA0AZYy.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, it's probably nothing too huge. Especially considering the last two ND's were pretty big. I'm hoping, though, that this one will give some release dates for several games.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm dreaming, but I want more Zelda.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

WIND WAKER HD, PIKMIN 3, AND NEW LEAF ARE ALL I NEED.

2rcwyzs.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

It happened already, right? Did anybody watch this? 

Apparently Nintendo has named 2013 The Year of Luigi, with releases of lots of Luigi games. Including Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Lario & Luigi: Dream Team, New Super Luigi U, and Fore!.

Right now, my favorite bit of news is about Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D! YES. Donkey Kong Country on the 3DS. I have been made a happy happy person. 

A full rundown of news from this Nintendo Direct can be found here at My Nintendo News.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

GOOD_DOGE
GOOD_DOGE

"Make it quick."

• doge
  • 1,760 Posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

3DS Mario Golf. <3

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Donkey Kong Country 3D = so dumb. Why not a whole new game? Or at the very least add some twists to it like Donkey Kong Land did. I really hope that isn't what Retro is working on so secretively.

Everything else is kind of cool. I'm especially happy with the more in-depth look with Luigi's Mansion, it still seems they removed the character ghosts. But they added boss ghosts, a bit more wider array or minion ghosts, and also added character to the mansions themselves.

I'm definitely getting Mario Golf. I actually played the GC one a lot!

Also, Dillion for Smash Bros 4 is becoming more likely.

hA0AZYy.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Donkey Kong Country 3D = so dumb. Why not a whole new game? Or at the very least add some twists to it like Donkey Kong Land did. I really hope that isn't what Retro is working on so secretively.

I guess that was more them being kind of lazy and rather than work on a new DK game, re-release one for another console. Do you realize how many times Donkey Kong Country has been done and re-done? Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't mind having this.

BUT. It has been a long time since they've done too much with Donkey Kong. It needs a new title. Or at the very least a re-make of Donkey Kong 64 for the 3DS instead. I've never played Donkey Kong Country Returns, but DK64 and DKC were both awesome games. 

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

I guess that was more them being kind of lazy and rather than work on a new DK game, re-release one for another console. Do you realize how many times Donkey Kong Country has been done and re-done? Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't mind having this.

BUT. It has been a long time since they've done too much with Donkey Kong. It needs a new title. Or at the very least a re-make of Donkey Kong 64 for the 3DS instead. I've never played Donkey Kong Country Returns, but DK64 and DKC were both awesome games. 

To be honest I would've way more preferred a DK64 remake. It's waaaay too early for DKC Returns to make it's return. They could've even remade the original DKC into 3D.

I think the only benefit of this is that they can possibly add more levels, plus they will probably more DLC (not sure if benefit or shameless attempt at getting money).

hA0AZYy.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

To be honest I would've way more preferred a DK64 remake. It's waaaay too early for DKC Returns to make it's return. They could've even remade the original DKC into 3D.

I think the only benefit of this is that they can possibly add more levels, plus they will probably more DLC (not sure if benefit or shameless attempt at getting money).

Yes, I as well would have rather seen a DK64 remake. That was one of the best games on the N64, in my opinion. I am surprised it has not been re-made yet.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Remade my foot, I am more surprised that they have not added DK64 to the virtual console service in any form Wii, 3DS, or I will be surprised if it finally shows up on the Wii U's Virtual Console service.

As for Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon I can't wait to get my hands on those games for my 3DS. Wii U wise it will be all about Outset Island and Wind Waker HD for me on that front. Wii Street U would be better if the images were updated to a more recent look on the world.

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I have not played Luigi's Mansion in forever. I actually look forward to getting to play Dark Moon. I hope there will be a demo in the eShop.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

I have not played Luigi's Mansion in forever. I actually look forward to getting to play Dark Moon. I hope there will be a demo in the eShop.

I'd be happier if the demo is free. If they have one later that is.

Posted Image

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I've contacted my super secret sources, and there appears to be less rumors for this one then the last one. I suspect it's more details on previous games, possibly a definite release date for Wonderful 101. Also, I've heard a little bit about a mention for Animal Crossing. Definitely nothing in the way of release dates though.

Also, expect some third party news.

Your sources were wrong and I'm so glad. :'D Animal Crossing's coming out June 9th.

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Your sources were wrong and I'm so glad. :'D Animal Crossing's coming out June 9th.

My sources sometimes feed my false information. Typical Nintendo employees.

hA0AZYy.png

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

My sources sometimes feed my false information. Typical Nintendo employees.

You with your "Nintendo employees" and Mage with his roommate who can playtest the latest Pokemon game long before it is released.

I'm still very suspicious of it all. </3

Posted Image