Photo

Nintendo Direct - 2/14/13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

You with your "Nintendo employees" and Mage with his roommate who can playtest the latest Pokemon game long before it is released.

I'm still very suspicious of it all. </3

I know tons of game developers personally. Being an indie developer myself, I was quickly adopted into the "in" crowd. 

I can't say that my friends are very high up in the ladder though. So they don't know THAT much.

hA0AZYy.png

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

I know tons of game developers personally. Being an indie developer myself, I was quickly adopted into the "in" crowd. 

I can't say that my friends are very high up in the ladder though. So they don't know THAT much.

spin you made one game with game maker and you've been working on one forever are you sure you're in the indie developer scene

apathy
apathy
  • Adept
  • 3,825 Posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

being an up-and-coming painter myself, I quickly gained access into the super secret legion of painters. da vinci and the boys say hello.

:: [Soundcloud] :: [Mixcloud] ::
deep/tech house

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

spin you made one game with game maker and you've been working on one forever are you sure you're in the indie developer scene

Laugh it up. I do have indie developer friends that pulled me in when they read some of my ideas. But I guess that seems a bit unbelievable. Regardless of whether it's true or not.

I guess I don't really care if you believe me or not. It's just true.

Also, you can be an indie developer without releasing any games yet. What counts is your working on them. I've made progress in at least 5 different games, all will be released eventually. (which is another point of being an indie developer. Release date: eventually.)

Edited by Spin, 16 February 2013 - 12:39 AM.

hA0AZYy.png

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I'd be happier if the demo is free. If they have one later that is.

All of the demos are free. At least I haven't seen one that you have to pay for yet.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

All of the demos are free. At least I haven't seen one that you have to pay for yet.

I don't think I've ever seen a demo you've had to pay for. That'd be really dumb. Because demos are meant to attract buyers.

There are however exclusive trials for members and payed betas

hA0AZYy.png

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, but then again Nintendo does stupid stuff sometimes too.

Posted Image

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, but then again Nintendo does stupid stuff sometimes too.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

EZLO21
EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101

• Thwomp
  • 651 Posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Plus it'd be my luck I would want to demo the game and then they'd charge something for the demo.

Posted Image

Joshua
Joshua

The Watcher

• Bulborb
  • 846 Posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

To put it simply, I was disappointed by the Valentine's Day Nintendo Direct. I'm glad that Animal Crossing has a release date, but that's about the only thing I took from it.

I do think it's great that Nintendo is finally taking DLC seriously. The idea that they are essentially making a new Mario game to add-on to a Mario game is pretty neat.

261excw.gif nl74m9.gif vo0jnk.png