Photo

General Updates Thread - 03/02/2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

ZeldaSageofFire
ZeldaSageofFire

The very model of a Scientist Salarian

• Magikoopa
  • 2,068 Posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Howdy everyone!! I hope this Evening the 2nd of March finds you all doing well! As some of you might remember from the Fire Emblem podcast Mage and I were a part of, we promised you all that changes were coming, and this post is here to detail what they all are!

First off, the Official Rules have changed a bit. You can find them here:
http://nintendopipel...es/#entry291924

I sincerely hope you all go take a look at them at least once. It's okay, we can wait for you to read them before continuing with the changes.

... Finished reading the rules? Good! Moving on!

The next big change is that we've overhauled the Ranks system. Here's where you can view the new list of Ranks, and all the information about them that you'll need, from post count numbers to permissions you unlock when you rank up.

http://nintendopipeline.net/ranks

The last change we'll be implementing at this time is a Badge system. Nathan's been hard at work on this for some time, but it's also taking just a little longer than we expected, so it may not be fully implemented at the time of this posting. We do expect it to be up and running in some capacity very soon, and we'll be sure to make another post detailing everything about it when it happens.

This is just the beginning, my friends. More things are always in the works, and we'll be getting them out to you as soon as we're able to. Be excited! I assure you that we are!

~ZSoF

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good night, and Big Balls.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm a big fan of the changes made to the ranks system. Doing things like making users reach a certain rank before they can have a signature and a custom title will prevent people from joining up, posting a few times, and then disappearing and leaving us with the illusion that they plan to stick around. 

I like being called a Koopa Troopa rather than just a Koopa. :)

No more annoying Bidoof rank! Hoorah! Nobody likes being a Bidoof, even for such a short time. :p

I can't wait to see what you guys are doing with the badge system! Keep up the great work!

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

One thing I want to mention.

There are a TON of certain colors in the new rank system. Like for example, there's eight blue ranks, seven purple ranks, and four pink ranks. Unfortunately I didn't notice this huge imbalance until like a few minutes ago, so the colors will be changing to make things more equal.

It's not really fun if every three or four ranks is a pink/purple or blue one.

Hugh
Hugh

A Mann's Man

• 6,936 Posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Looking forward to these changes! (As you may have guessed :u)

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

One thing I want to mention.

There are a TON of certain colors in the new rank system. Like for example, there's eight blue ranks, seven purple ranks, and four pink ranks. Unfortunately I didn't notice this huge imbalance until like a few minutes ago, so the colors will be changing to make things more equal.

It's not really fun if every three or four ranks is a pink/purple or blue one.

I would be perfectly fine with every rank being a shade of purple. Not like I really really like the color purple all that much anyways... >.>

Can we have a Legend of Zelda theme?

/will stop being annoying now hyped up on Livewire/

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I would be perfectly fine with every rank being a shade of purple. Not like I really really like the color purple all that much anyways... >.>

/will stop being annoying now hyped up on Livewire/

My profile has a LoZ theme now :P

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

You mean a them of the ranks? Or a profile theme like Tali said, or a Zelda-themed skin?

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

You mean a them of the ranks? Or a profile theme like Tali said, or a Zelda-themed skin?

I think she means skin.

I would do the skin no problem. I could have a skin done in an afternoon, but I have an agreement with another forum that while I'm on staff there I would not do graphics or any work for another forum. That's the only reason I haven't done one here. :(

Wish I could help, but I can't break my promise.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think she means skin.

I would do the skin no problem. I could have a skin done in an afternoon, but I have an agreement with another forum that while I'm on staff there I would not do graphics or any work for another forum. That's the only reason I haven't done one here. :(

Wish I could help, but I can't break my promise.

Ah, I guess "she-who-must-not-be-named" is still sour. Kind of odd though; I can understand if it was being done for money, but I've never heard of not being allowed to do free volunteer work. Actually I dunno, are you being paid for your work? I'd totally be willing to shell out some money for people that help in addition to badge and whatnot (or some other reward like an unused code for a Nintendo Point card). After all, time is money and to me at least, it's not really fair if you get nothing for your work.

If I continue to not have time to see if I can come up with a good skin myself, I was eventually planning on commissioning a skin from one or two sites.

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Ah, I guess "she-who-must-not-be-named" is still sour. Kind of odd though; I can understand if it was being done for money, but I've never heard of not being allowed to do free volunteer work. Actually I dunno, are you being paid for your work? I'd totally be willing to shell out some money for people that help in addition to badge and whatnot (or some other reward like an unused code for a Nintendo Point card). After all, time is money and to me at least, it's not really fair if you get nothing for your work.

If it was for money, I'd easily put down all my other in-progress work and make a skin. :v

Or I may do one for free regardless because NP is really in need of a nice dark skin.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

If it was for money, I'd easily put down all my other in-progress work and make a skin. :v

Or I may do one for free regardless because NP is really in need of a nice dark skin.

Heh, I was actually thinking that earlier today since all we have is this light skin. Anyways, I just sent you a PM so you should check it out.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

If I continue to not have time to see if I can come up with a good skin myself, I was eventually planning on commissioning a skin from one or two sites.

It is volunteer, but a promise is a promise. She's not even an admin on NS2 anymore actually, but even so I don't break a promise. I absolutely love what I do there so it's all good lol. I was getting paid on another forum, but I stopped doing the work there it wasn't as enjoyable either XD.

I could always ask her if she still cared though.