Photo

PM Invitations Limit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Just noticed that even though my rank is Bullet Bill and it says I can have up to 12 people in a PM conversation, I am still only able to add 6 people.

Please fix this, thanks <3

majorasmask.jpg

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Okay because I'm a bit busy studying for a possible quiz that I might or might not have tomorrow in one of my classes, I unfortunately can't devote a whole bunch of time on the forum tonight.

So because of this, everyone except Goombas have a PM invitation limit of 50 until I can make the limits more fair for everyone; and yes, the limits will be higher than what they previously were.

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Yaaayyy thanks for the temporary fix, Mage <3

majorasmask.jpg

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Why the PM limitations in the first place? Do we have an issue with server space? It just seems a bit too far for a rank permission.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

It can be an issue with server space/spammers if too many people join and send out tons of PMs right away, but I just changed the PM invitations and PM storage to grow a ton more much faster. You all can check the ranks page to see the new numbers.

I might be changing it again for the lower ranks to allow them more PM invitations/storage.

Decho
Decho
  • Captain Falcon
  • 6,523 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ah, have there been issues with spammers doing that?

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Not a whole bunch, but it's nice to be safe. If even one spammer gets in and mass-sends a thousand PMs to like fifty different people, that could cause some annoyance. Since spammers don't stick around, that's why I massively increased the growth of PM invitations/storage once you hit 100 posts.