Photo

Update on our 3.4.3 issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Alright so IPB got back to me, and said it's not possible unless I have a full backup.

Unfortunately, I only ever made full SQL Database backups, not 100% of the entire site. Therefore it looks like we're stuck with 3.4.3

---Problems List---

Selective Quoting: This has been fixed, and no longer displays <span itemprop= instead of the person's actual name. In addition, the button has been removed and a small menu shows up when you highlight text.

@Mention: There are two versions of this plugin. One which hasn't been updated since 3.2, and another more recent one for 3.4. I have bought and tried both of these, and neither works when you click on the link underneath a person's avatar. However, when you highlight text you have the option to either mention that person, or selectively quote the text. Mentioning someone this way works perfectly fine, as well as just typing in someone's username after an @ symbol. Though if you type it in manually, their username isn't all colored and nice as if you did it through highlighting text (they still receive the notification).

Mobile Devices: Sad to say that I have no idea when and how this will be fixed. I'm not the one to stand around and wait for a fix though, especially how this hinders a few people from posting on the forum. I'll be actively perusing a solution for this problem.

Mark forum as read: Low on the priority list, as there are more important things that need to be fixed.

No emotes in posts: Low on the priority list, as there are more important things that need to be fixed.

Just fixed the emotes issue actually. :yoshi:

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Just wondering...

@minio81

@Tali'Zorah

@anarchicCorrosivity

Have any of you tried using the IP.Board Mobile skin? You may have more success posting using that than the "Classy" skin that's normally used.

Granted it's a pretty boring skin, but that might be the only option until a fix for this mobile issue can be sorted out.

So second admin to help with ur shitty code then?

no u

it's ipb's fault their code is shitty and making my life difficult waaah

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ohey, after a bit of searching and work I was able to fix the emotes problem.

:yoshitounge: :yoshi:

I WISH ALL ISSUES LIKE THIS WERE AS EASY AND FAST TO FIX. </3

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

How did you use the mention? It doesn't work for me at all even when I type the users name.

And I use the mobile on my phone, but not on my tablet. It looks really bad on a large screen.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

@Tali'Zorah

For this one above, I just manually entered your name (so you should have gotten the notification I think).

As for your mobile devices, which ones have problems quoting posts; your phone, tablet, or both?

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,723 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ohey, after a bit of searching and work I was able to fix the emotes problem.

:yoshitounge: :yoshi:

I WISH ALL ISSUES LIKE THIS WERE AS EASY AND FAST TO FIX. </3

Great job Mage! :dummy:

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

gbwyoshi
gbwyoshi
  • Blooper
  • 1,303 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

@MageLeif, I think the @ button is relative to the skin. Try looking at that first

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

@Tali'Zorah

For this one above, I just manually entered your name (so you should have gotten the notification I think).

As for your mobile devices, which ones have problems quoting posts; your phone, tablet, or both?

I haven't tried from my phone yet. It's my tablet.

And I got confused about the @mention because I'm use to the name being underlined and linking to the user profile when it's working lol

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

@MageLeif, I think the @ button is relative to the skin. Try looking at that first

Interesting, the @Mention doesn't even show up on the default IP skin. At least that explains why nothing happens when you click on it in the Classy skin, but I don't have a good idea why it's displayed on the Classy skin and not the default one.

I haven't tried from my phone yet. It's my tablet.

And I got confused about the @mention because I'm use to the name being underlined and linking to the user profile when it's working lol

Alright, but when you the opportunity to, could you please test it out and let me know? If you make a small list like the one below, that would make it much easier for me to understand what works with what and such.

Phone (Classy skin): Quoted posts work/don't work

Phone (Mobile skin): etc

Tablet (Classy skin): etc

Tablet (Mobile skin): etc

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Interesting, the @Mention doesn't even show up on the default IP skin. At least that explains why nothing happens when you click on it in the Classy skin, but I don't have a good idea why it's displayed on the Classy skin and not the default one.

Alright, but when you the opportunity to, could you please test it out and let me know? If you make a small list like the one below, that would make it much easier for me to understand what works with what and such.

Phone (Classy skin): Quoted posts work/don't work

Phone (Mobile skin): etc

Tablet (Classy skin): etc

Tablet (Mobile skin): etc

Okay I did all 4 as you requested. Neither skin works for phone or tablet.

The regular skin does the saving but doesn't post at all. The mobile skin goes to an error screen and says We can not find the page you are looking for.

Now this really sucks because I leave for FL tomorrow and I'll only have my phone to post from.

Looks like I won't be quoting anyone for two weeks lol

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yeah sorry Tali', I really with I could do something but all the Google searching in the world, nothing is coming up. :\

I'm going to make a thread in IPB support and see if anyone else has the same problem we're having.

anarchicCorrosivity
anarchicCorrosivity

Local Prune Juice Shop

• Cheep-Cheep
  • 58 Posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

The mobile skin seems to be working good so far for me

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Testing posting on a 3DS using the Classy skin.

someone old wich is europe

caught them all

• Rattata
  • 201 Posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Mage it works on more reply options

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

Mage it works on more reply options

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

Might just be apple products. More reply options does not work on either for me.

caught them all

• Rattata
  • 201 Posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Tai do you use an ipad?

Becaus i use the cheapest that u can cen here in denmark150 bucks

Although it isent aple

Edited by minio81, 05 March 2013 - 06:06 AM.