Photo

Rank images quality

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

As I enjoy putting the rank image in my signature, I can't help but notice how rough the edges are. I assume it could be due to the way the pngs were saved, perchance?

Maybe if @Nathan is free he could make them look a little smoother/nicer? <3

It's not terribly important.

Edited by Grooms, 11 March 2013 - 05:50 PM.

majorasmask.jpg

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

We're in luck, I style have the .PSD Kyle gave me! I'll get on it, but I'm trying to devote more of my free time to learning some development techniques. If you'd like to help out Grooms I'd definitely be grateful! The .PSD is attached to the post.

If you do want to help, just note to change your Photoshop Image Interpolation settings. You can find it under Photoshop's General Preferences. Just click the drop down menu and change it to Bicubic Sharper. :)

Attached Files

Posted Image

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

We're in luck, I style have the .PSD Kyle gave me! I'll get on it, but I'm trying to devote more of my free time to learning some development techniques. If you'd like to help out Grooms I'd definitely be grateful! The .PSD is attached to the post.

If you do want to help, just note to change your Photoshop Image Interpolation settings. You can find it under Photoshop's General Preferences. Just click the drop down menu and change it to Bicubic Sharper. :)

I was going to start doing this, but I realized I don't know which images were used for the ranks, and I don't think cutting them out of the current ones would work very well :/

Perhaps if I do some Googling, I might find them.

majorasmask.jpg

Nathan
Nathan

Coffee Enthusiast

• Zelda
  • 5,262 Posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was going to start doing this, but I realized I don't know which images were used for the ranks, and I don't think cutting them out of the current ones would work very well :/

Perhaps if I do some Googling, I might find them.

...Honestly I don't think anyone will get upset if different images (of the same characters of course) were used. Some of the images used are somewhat oddly placed.

I might be able to do it this weekend, perhaps tomorrow morning. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two.

Posted Image

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

If Grooms or Nathan (or anyone else) comes up and makes some really nice rank icons, I'd be happy to use those instead of the current ones. Just remember that it would be best if there were the same size as the current ones as well.