Photo

Pikmin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Pikmin.jpg

The last Pikmin topic was posted in 2008, so I suppose it's time for a new one!

I have never played Pikmin before, and I just bought it from Fandom and played it yesterday. It's definitely a very innovative concept, and it's super fun. At first I was worried about the time limit (30 days) and thought this would be stressful, but then I realized there are multiple levels and that one day is basically just playing one level. However, I've gone through 9 days so far and only have 4 parts, so I am still a little worried about what will happen to me if I don't have all the parts by the end of the 30 days XD

My girlfriend was watching me play because she's been telling me for years that I'd love this game, and she wanted to see my reactions to it. I was really confused about how to control the Pikmin at first, but eventually I got the hang of it. Then, when I found bombs for the first time, I accidentally blew up like 50 of my Pikmin. My girlfriend was heartbroken. She was also laughing at how much I struggled in the beginning.

So I'm very happy I finally have this game, and of course, now I want to talk about it with you guys.

Edited by Grooms, 14 March 2013 - 11:50 AM.

majorasmask.jpg

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

You don't need all of the parts to win. You just need all of the parts except one to get to the last level, but I think the minimum amount of parts in 23. You'll play through a second time and know where everything is, no worries.

hA0AZYy.png

Grooms
Grooms

King of Contests

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,999 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

You don't need all of the parts to win. You just need all of the parts except one to get to the last level, but I think the minimum amount of parts in 23. You'll play through a second time and know where everything is, no worries.

Oh ok, I might be alright then. Thanks :D

I'm kind of getting a better idea of how to spend the days too, so hopefully I'll be able to get multiple parts a day. Still waiting to find the blue Pikmin though...

majorasmask.jpg

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

I take it you haven't got to level two then yet huh?

Also which version do you have? Gamecube or Wii?

hA0AZYy.png

Archangel
Archangel

Turian Rebel

• Metroid
  • 2,255 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

You don't need all of the parts, however there are specific parts that you are required to have. Which parts are the parts you don't need, I don't remember.

As for the game itself, I love it. I remember the first time I played through it though I had to stop for awhile since I lost so many pikmin in a battle, it was traumatizing ;_;

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

I've yet to beat this game... I could never beat the time limit. Especially since there's quite a bit of going back and forth between levels, needing certain pikmin with you to get them and such. And when low on Pikmin, there was a level I'd go to for multiplying my pikmin by the hundreds with ease. But then doing that wastes yet another day. And I'd always fall short on parts.

Plus I have really horrible memory issues and can never remember where the parts are. So that doesn't help me in the slightest.

Edited by Slasher, 14 March 2013 - 06:07 PM.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Honestly, Pikmin is one of the funnest series I have ever played, and it's very challenging! I did not happen to beat the first one, but I did beat the second one, and I'm very excited for the third. My friends and I joke about it's rating and that it could technically go as being rated M, hahaha. Why? Well, let's take a look:

- You're going on a massacre

- Beasts eat other beasts

- You can kill off your Pikmin

- After killing a beast, you "sacrifice" its body to fertilize and create more seeds to grow up into little Pikmin

Anything else I'm missing? Hahaha, I really want to know what the story for Pikmin 3 will be though.

2rcwyzs.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

If that's the case, then Bug's Life is a PG-13 movie.

hA0AZYy.png

springberry
springberry
  • Bob-omb
  • 76 Posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are probably some of my favorite GCN games everrrrrr, I love them so much. I got the first one when it originally came out (a gift from my dad for christmas) and was so gosh darned terrible at it, but...the more you play it, the better you get at it, I suppose. I ended up playing it and beating it so many times, I got my final time with all parts down to about 12-13 days or so.

(my favorites are the blues <3)

On a side note, the second one is such a step up from the first in basically every way. I was worried when it came out that it wouldn't transfer over to a sequel too well, but they did a stand up job with it. Even though I've completely beaten it, I still go back and play with it some days just to get my money score up even higher, haha. I'm ultra excited for the third one, too. :)

FanfareampParkdale_zpsd39ba646.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are probably some of my favorite GCN games everrrrrr, I love them so much. I got the first one when it originally came out (a gift from my dad for christmas) and was so gosh darned terrible at it, but...the more you play it, the better you get at it, I suppose. I ended up playing it and beating it so many times, I got my final time with all parts down to about 12-13 days or so.

(my favorites are the blues <3)

On a side note, the second one is such a step up from the first in basically every way. I was worried when it came out that it wouldn't transfer over to a sequel too well, but they did a stand up job with it. Even though I've completely beaten it, I still go back and play with it some days just to get my money score up even higher, haha. I'm ultra excited for the third one, too. :)

I have these:

QetMvk4.jpg

Are you jelly?

hA0AZYy.png

springberry
springberry
  • Bob-omb
  • 76 Posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

This is my jealous color. I'm jealous. Jelly. I am of the gelatinous nature.

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

@Spin Dawww the white one is so cute. ^-^

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

@Spin Dawww the white one is so cute. ^-^

Really, you like the white one? He's poisonous.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,767 Posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

. . . :ohno:

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

springberry
springberry
  • Bob-omb
  • 76 Posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

white pikmin are my second favorite:3

though I'll admit I make all of them martyrs in-game... ;_;

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

They are so fragile too. And hard to get at times.

hA0AZYy.png

springberry
springberry
  • Bob-omb
  • 76 Posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

After I beat the entire game, sometimes I'd play and just farm pikmin in the caves to make my army bigger...no real reason, I just didn't want to stop playing, haha.

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

After I beat the entire game, sometimes I'd play and just farm pikmin in the caves to make my army bigger...no real reason, I just didn't want to stop playing, haha.

I'll bet there is a hack to get rid of the 100 pikmin limit.

hA0AZYy.png

springberry
springberry
  • Bob-omb
  • 76 Posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

I should work hard to make this a reality, oh man. However brutal it may sound, I LOVED just slaughtering enemies with a pack of 100 purples or red or ANY of them, really. Fully flowered 100 army of little guys, and just swerve that C-stick into one enemy, and...BAM. Done.

this game makes me into a warlord, I swear lol

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

I should work hard to make this a reality, oh man. However brutal it may sound, I LOVED just slaughtering enemies with a pack of 100 purples or red or ANY of them, really. Fully flowered 100 army of little guys, and just swerve that C-stick into one enemy, and...BAM. Done.

this game makes me into a warlord, I swear lol

You should try Battlion Wars. Kind of the same effect.

hA0AZYy.png