Photo

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

I played earlier today and made the coolest dual swords in the game! :D I can't wait to hit stuff in the head with them.

Edit: Not really, though, because it's not a hammer. I know better than to sword near the head. I'll be hitting stuff in the feet. :D

Edited by Trumpetatoes, 05 January 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Head and sword...Well I'm glad it's a T rated game.

hA0AZYy.png

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

I played earlier today and made the coolest dual swords in the game! :D I can't wait to hit stuff in the head with them.

Edit: Not really, though, because it's not a hammer. I know better than to sword near the head. I'll be hitting stuff in the feet. :D

Oh really? What are they called? (If you remember)

Yea sword and heads don't go together, its better to disable the monsters by their feet.

Posted Image

Justice and love will always win

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

Oh really? What are they called? (If you remember)

Yea sword and heads don't go together, its better to disable the monsters by their feet.

They're called the sworn rapiers. I remember grinding a bit to get them, and all I needed when I played yesterday was a bit of metal. They have a weak amount of water damage, but are pretty decent physically for dual swords.

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Ah ok. I really need to start playing Monster Hunter again and grind to get better gear before I go out hunting with other people XD

What was the first Monster Hunter game you ever played?

Posted Image

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

I played Tri on the Wii. It was fun, and I miss it kinda. They took out a few features for 3U. 

If you need help getting stuff, I can help. :D Playing with people is fun.

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

I actually started playing Monster Hunter on the PSP and I have never played Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii.

What features did they take out?

Posted Image

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

They had side quests you could complete on a hunt, and if things went wrong you could complete the side quests and finish with those, but for tiny rewards. And in some missions, they were required. I'm pretty sure those aren't in 3U, anyway. On the plus side, though, they added all of the weapons they took out for tri, like the dual swords, hunters horn, bow thing, gun lance, and I think that might be it actually. Unfortunately, I think they took out the event calendar, which was cool because you had to do events when they rolled around, and when Jhen Mohran rolled around, it was time to celebrate. Now event quests are handled like free DLC I think? I dunno, really. It's more convenient though, since you don't have to wait a month to do something.

Posted Image

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Ah ok. The side quests do seems  like an interesting concept, and I don't think they have it in 3U either.

I don't know if I would be able to play Tri if they took out the dual swords option, it is the only weapon I have ever used in 3U.

This thread/conversation is making me want to go back and play 3U some more, but I still have a huge backlog to get through first.

Posted Image

Santatoes
Santatoes
  • Rattata
  • 145 Posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, I focused on SnS on Tri. SnS and GS. Occasionally I used a long sword, since they were kinda cool, but my epitaph blade was my best friend for a lot of it. I could never find the SnS shard weapons. :c Ever. And now it's too late. I'll find them on 3U though! :D

Posted Image

FrankIero
FrankIero
  • Shy Guy
  • 30 Posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

You Americans are lucky ;( these are the kind of prices we have to put up with

6zoGo.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Ouch, those are some harsh prices. Australian gaming seems so expensive, not mention waiting longer on most releases.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

FrankIero
FrankIero
  • Shy Guy
  • 30 Posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

I know v_v it's terrible!

But on the bright side, on some very rare occasions we get random games way before the US. Idk why....??? Maybe... Because we're closer to Japan?????????????????

Spoiler

2 months before, then almost 3 months before

But yeah the prices are still agonising and not worth it v_v

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

You would think localization wouldn't matter because they are both in English right?

hA0AZYy.png

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

You Americans are lucky ;( these are the kind of prices we have to put up with

6zoGo.png

If games were that expensive here in the US, I don't think i would be able to afford my hobby anymore D:

Posted Image

FrankIero
FrankIero
  • Shy Guy
  • 30 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

If games were that expensive here in the US, I don't think i would be able to afford my hobby anymore D:

hahahah you should see console prices

Giygas
Giygas

Slasher's #√-1 Fan

• Ness
  • 7,269 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

6C79S.png  6C7cn.png  6C7hn.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,537 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

$100 more than they are here, sheesh. The Wii U is nearly $200 more too.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Colette
Colette
  • Thwomp
  • 711 Posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

I cried a little after seeing this, I don't know if I could afford an extra $300 to own the PS4 and Wii U. Unless wages were better there than here in the US.

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Minimum wage in Australia is like 16 bucks. I don't think that justifies the prices though.

hA0AZYy.png