Photo

New Theme: Skyward Skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Thanks to Slasher's hard work, the Skyward Skin has finally been revived! It's been about two years now that that skin has been missing from the Nintendo Pipeline, so it's about time that it's back in commission.

While Slasher did his hardest to recreate the skin to as close to perfection as he could, it's almost impossible to get any large work like this 100% flawless, so there may be one or two minor oddities or bugs some may find in the skin. If anyone does find such a thing, I'd ask to please report it in this thread or make it known to Slasher so he can fix it as soon as possible.

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

I don't see any bugs, I would squash them I guess if I did. :P I love the rich look of the new skin. Well done. Really pretty banner heading.

Posted Image

Bounty
Bounty

The end is nigh

• Armos Knight
  • 3,110 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Two years seems a bit miscalculated, but it's cool that it's back now!

2rcwyzs.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

No bugs yet. But can you make the size of the margins larger? It's very tiny and there is a ton of extra space on the sides.

hA0AZYy.png

Sunkissii
Sunkissii
  • Armos Knight
  • 3,410 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well, the skin just came out. So of course nothing would happen yet. :v

Anyways, Good job Slasher. The skin looks awesome. 

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

No bugs yet. But can you make the size of the margins larger? It's very tiny and there is a ton of extra space on the sides.

I'll see what I can do about it. I could have the margins auto-adjust based off resolution, but I believe that caused issues with things getting smashed together and overlapping with a shrunken browser window.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'll see what I can do about it. I could have the margins auto-adjust based off resolution, but I believe that caused issues with things getting smashed together and overlapping with a shrunken browser window.

Thanks, it's probably my resolutions fault. But the wasted space is really distracting and looks so un-sleek.

hA0AZYy.png

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way it's set up in the CSS, but the search bar and user controls up top aren't really aligned with the body of the site.

w0qh55.jpg

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

OK I'M SORRY SLASHER I KNOW IT'S NITPICKY BUT I DON'T LIKE THE SERIF FONT PLEASE FIX.

hA0AZYy.png

Toadeh
Toadeh

Toadicus Finch

• Kremling
  • 1,029 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

I dunno, I think the Serif font really matches the feel of the skin. That's how it originally was, anyway.

Plus there's a difference between "I don't like this please fix it" and "this is a bug please fix it."

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Thanks, it's probably my resolutions fault. But the wasted space is really distracting and looks so un-sleek.

Yeah, I can see how that may be distracting/annoying. I'll find a way around it.

If all else fails, I'll see if I can find a javascript thing to let users adjust the set size with the click of a button or setting option.

REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way it's set up in the CSS, but the search bar and user controls up top aren't really aligned with the body of the site.

w0qh55.jpg

That is intentional, so that it wouldn't seem so "hidden". Though if others have an issue with it, I may shift it over to the edge more.

OK I'M SORRY SLASHER I KNOW IT'S NITPICKY BUT I DON'T LIKE THE SERIF FONT PLEASE FIX.

Serif font works best for this skin based off visual design and the feel of the skin. I can't change things based off a single person's nitpicking. :v

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,458 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

I seem to remember it being SanSerif originally. But I've been wrong before. If that's the way it used to be I suppose I'll get used to it.

hA0AZYy.png

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

change it 2 comic sans or i make tai admin huehuehuehuehue

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

I seem to remember it being SanSerif originally. But I've been wrong before. If that's the way it used to be I suppose I'll get used to it.

If you're using firefox, you could always try to override the font manually. If that doesn't work, a single line of code with the Stylish add-on would fix it to be whatever you want.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,796 Posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

This isn't funny. >8'I

I've missed this skin so much! Thanks Slasher. X3

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Sunkissii
Sunkissii
  • Armos Knight
  • 3,410 Posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Mage, stop doing stupid stuff or else the corner awaits. :v Lol

wU2Pke4.gifD2qlmWT.gif Always happy~

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Nobody appreciates my bad humor~ </3

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

I appreciate the bad humor~

And why do admins have a small limit on Likes too. I ran out for the day and there were 5 other posts I wanted to Like. </3

Also, I fixed the box issue, which was due to Chrome's weird way of managing non-existent images, even if the img tag in the html does nothing.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,549 Posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Update:

I made the skin stretch in width based off resolution (while preventing the smashed together issue with a shrunken browser).

Personally I think it looks weird on larger resolutions. But let me know what you guys (with the larger resolutions) think about it, compared to how it was without the stretch.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

apathy
apathy
  • Adept
  • 3,825 Posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

>install stylish
>copy in this code

@-moz-document url-prefix('http://nintendopipeline.net/') {
* {
font-family: <your font here> !important;
font-size: <our size here> !important;
  }
}

tada

:: [Soundcloud] :: [Mixcloud] ::
deep/tech house