Photo

Professor Layton: The Azran Legacy Announced for North America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Source

Can't believe no one mentioned this. Professor Latyon needs more loooooove. Sadly, this will be the last Layton entry in the series. Here's a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDKi6-aWUV0

I'm very excited for it, the ending of the last game had such a huge cliffhanger. I can't wait to play it.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

This looks awesome.

Too bad I'm still on the first game...

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

I think this series has had a great run. I certainly enjoyed all the games. They were unique and satisfied the puzzle solver in me, while giving great stories, some had me almost in tears, along with super artwork.   I will be getting the last game, hopefully when it comes out. I would like to know what Level 5 is going to do as a replacement for this series.  Did anyone play Attack of the Friday Monsters? A very short but very cute game by Level 5.

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

I think this series has had a great run. I certainly enjoyed all the games. They were unique and satisfied the puzzle solver in me, while giving great stories, some had me almost in tears, along with super artwork.   I will be getting the last game, hopefully when it comes out. I would like to know what Level 5 is going to do as a replacement for this series.  Did anyone play Attack of the Friday Monsters? A very short but very cute game by Level 5.

I've been wondering about that game. How is it?

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

I've been wondering about that game. How is it?

I really loved it. Super short, maybe 3 hours for most players, about 6-7 hours for me. But, it had a charm, like being a kid on a hot summer day, and that is exactly what it is. One summer day in the life of the town's people. A mystery you solve by basically talking to everyone over and over and walking all over the area many times. The famous Rock, Paper, Scissors game is the battle system you play against other kids in the game, and if you like that type of game you can play it forever. I just liked the story, the ending was sweet and it was a lazy, charming bit of fun for a few hours. I go back to it from time to time, just to hear the crickets and play a bit of Monster Cards with the other kids. 

Edited by Autumn, 28 January 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Posted Image

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

I really loved it. Super short, maybe 3 hours for most players, about 6-7 hours for me. But, it had a charm, like being a kid on a hot summer day, and that is exactly what it is. One summer day in the life of the town's people. A mystery you solve by basically talking to everyone over and over and walking all over the area many times. The famous Rock, Paper, Scissors game is the battle system you play against other kids in the game, and if you like that type of game you can play it forever. I just liked the story, the ending was sweet and it was a lazy, charming bit of fun for a few hours. I go back to it from time to time, just to hear the crickets and play a bit of Monster Cards with the other kids. 

Cool. I may considering buying it then. 83

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

Level 5 has a few recurring franchises already. Inzuma Eleven, Dark Cloud to name a view.

And to be clear, this is not the end of the Layton franchise. It's just the end of the Professor Layton stories. His sons already have a game of their own on the iOS, and apparently Layton 7 is in development for the iOS as well.

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,771 Posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Level 5 has a few recurring franchises already. Inzuma Eleven, Dark Cloud to name a view.

And to be clear, this is not the end of the Layton franchise. It's just the end of the Professor Layton stories. His sons already have a game of their own on the iOS, and apparently Layton 7 is in development for the iOS as well.

Wait...Layton has sons?

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,455 Posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

Wait...Layton has sons?

idk it isnt really explained

hA0AZYy.png

Autumn
Autumn

Sage

• Bullet Bill
  • 1,523 Posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I never knew Layton had sons. Was he married? I don't remember that, though you certainly don't need to be married to have kids. I kinda think Layton would be married though, he is a stickler for certain things. I wonder if they will release the games for 3DS, would be rather interesting. I wonder if his sons are as clever as he is. Can't wait to play the newest. Comes at a great time as I have holidays beginning of March. 

Posted Image