Photo

More Friend Code Choices for Profiles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

If sarcasm burned calories, I'd be a twig.

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

I just very recently noticed that the friend code options for user profiles have not been updated in a while. In other words, the latest Pokemon friend codes that can be added are for Diamond & Pearl and Mario Kart DS.

Is it possible to add more slots for newer games such as Pokemon White 2/Black 2, Mario Kart 7, etc.? 

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Thank you, Princess Elysia for the awesome sig! ^_^

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

There is actually a new feature where the FCs can show up in the mini profiles that pop up with posts. You get a nice icon next to your user name as well to show that you have either a Wii U or 3DS.

Though I'd much prefer what NintendoNerds does with the full out page for the ideas so you can just scan the page and add people as you like and click the message icon to send them a PM letting them know you added them.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

@Tai - It wouldn't be such a bad idea, but since we already have the option as to whether or not we enter the friend code and it isn't like it shows a blank space where, say, an Animal Crossing friend code should be it wouldn't really make much of a difference.

@Shulk - Where is this option?

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I could add more options easily. Though I'm not sure what all games would need to be added. Also, I was under the impression that the 3DS only had one code needed? I thought individual games for the 3DS like MK7 didn't have their own code (also applying to the Wii U). I could be wrong, but it would help if that was cleared up for me.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

3DS has only one code. But if you want to play DS games on your 3DS, they still require DS Friends codes for each individual game.

hA0AZYy.png

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

With Nintendo changing how they are doing their whole "friend code" thing, making it so that only one universal code is needed for each system rather than game, I think it would be best to just remove every single friend code option and only have the 3DS and Wii U in (like what Tai said). There's so many friend code options already, even ones that I don't think anyone would ever use (or have any use for anymore) such as Guitar Hero, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Picross DS, etc.

However, I do think it would be a good idea to update the list to have the most recent/popular games like Pokémon and Mario Kart like you mentioned. Eventually you can expect them to phased out as well though once like 95% of the people who own Nintendo consoles finally switch over to the 3DS and Wii U.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

@SakuraSaturn The feature isn't installed on this forum. Would be nice thou.

SakuraSaturn
SakuraSaturn

• Hammer Bro
  • 1,940 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

@MageLeif - Really? I had not heard this yet. If this is the case, then what Tai suggested does make sense. Personally, I think it makes more sense anyways to have one code for the Nintendo 3DS or Wii/Wii U rather than a bunch of different codes for each game. 

@Shulk - Ah, alrighty then.

hTWXg2b_zps1fbbe04e.png

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

In any case, some way to list what games we have would be nice, in case we want to play with each other. But then again, I guess it's more practical just to ask everyone in general if they want to play games.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

So I was right after all. Still, probably best to keep Wii and DS game codes as well. Only phasing out those that nobody plays for now. Looks like Mage is currently working on it too. So things should be done soon.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

I also added a new group called "Console Systems" that has both the 3DS and Wii U in it. Previously there was just one single group called 3DS and had a 3DS field to put your number in; I guess Kyle did that before the Wii U came out.

Anyways, the "most popular" games for the older ones have been kept, but those will be removed sometime in the future.