Photo

Any news of the next version of 3DS yet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Dtram
Dtram

Pokémon Trainer

• Bulborb
  • 962 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

I've got an original 3DS from launch and my girlfriend recently bought a 3DS XL which she really loves and it does actually seem like a big (lol..) improvement over the original. Just wondering, but I consider my options, is there any talk the next version of 3DS yet? slim/colours/5DS or anything?

Thanks guize.

76561198011105803.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

No. Still too soon for them to consider making a new DS. Not to mention the 3DS was a huge risk as it was that resulted in pay cuts just to make it cheap enough to sell. So making another one so soon would be a horrible idea. The 3DS and the 3DS XL are all that's needed. At least they're getting good use of making limited edition 3DS XL's for bigger games every now and then.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I think he means how the DS, Lite, and DSi were so close together. No, there hasn't been any news of a new 3DS, not even any rumors. You take it from me, I follow gaming news pretty closely.

hA0AZYy.png

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

He made no mention of DS, Lite or DSi though. Hardly a thing to compare it to anyways. The Lite was made to be a more compact DS. And the DSi was made to add more functionality. However, those 3 all played the same DS games. It was more of DS upgrades, rather than an entirely new DS system like the 3DS was.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Spin
Spin

Absolute Zero

• Ness
  • 7,456 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

He made no mention of DS, Lite or DSi though. Hardly a thing to compare it to anyways. The Lite was made to be a more compact DS. And the DSi was made to add more functionality. However, those 3 all played the same DS games. It was more of DS upgrades, rather than an entirely new DS system like the 3DS was.

Really Slasher? He said "is there any talk the next version of 3DS yet." That is to say, "will there be a new 3DS?" He also mentioned slim and new colors in it. That indicates new versions of it...

hA0AZYy.png

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I sure hope not. 8'P

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

There's always new colors coming out. I believe Animal Crossing New Leaf will be released with an Animal Crossing-themed 3DSXL.

No other sizes, though.

Posted Image

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,548 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Really Slasher? He said "is there any talk the next version of 3DS yet." That is to say, "will there be a new 3DS?" He also mentioned slim and new colors in it. That indicates new versions of it...

He also said "5DS", which would implicate an entirely new system.

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler

Sanji07
Sanji07

Nya

• Kirby
  • 10,781 Posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

I think he means both. He probably wants to know if there's going to be a new version of the 3DS or a new system.

Posted Image

^0w0^

Posted Image

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

stop argue it not matter silence shhhhhhhhhh

Posted Image

Dtram
Dtram

Pokémon Trainer

• Bulborb
  • 962 Posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

I think he means how the DS, Lite, and DSi were so close together. No, there hasn't been any news of a new 3DS, not even any rumors. You take it from me, I follow gaming news pretty closely.

lol yes I mean't exactly this, and 5DS was clearly a joke as there is no known 5th dimension.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies will look into whether I can get enough cash for my original to buy an XL at some point.

76561198011105803.png

Pokemonlove33
Pokemonlove33
  • Goomba
  • 5 Posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Its not likely but.... 4DS! It shall smell and bubbles and gunk shall come out the screen....Nah, I wouldn't think of Nintendo making them THAT bad. :C