Photo

Archiving threads WTF

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Also keeping users in the loop. Would have been nice to read an announcement rather then randomly finding out about things after the fact. Makes the users feel more apart of the community.

I did make an announcement in the Minor Updates Thread about this. I also made a status update too I believe, as I typically do that whenever I post in that thread.

http://nintendopipel...e-2#entry296132

I do have a request thou. Is it possible to allow users to edit their posts in archive threads? I would like to repost one of my threads and it would be easier if I could copy and paste the BBC

Unfortunately this is impossible with how IPB made their archiving system work.

http://community.inv...archive-system/

Kea
Kea

memento mori

• Ness
  • 7,888 Posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Exactly what Slasher and Keatos said. I've witnessed this in other forums as well. Also, if somebody wants to continue on in a discussion in which the thread is old, they are perfectly fine with creating a new thread.

Some forums even have "modified house rules". For example, one forum I go to sometimes has a moderator manually lock a thread once said thread reaches about 1,000 posts (and it doesn't matter how old or young the topic is).

Mage, I think you misunderstood me. My post said "I don't really care about gravedigging, I think the reason why gravedigging is a big deal is because everyone makes it seem like a big deal."

Tbh though archiving is REALLY annoying because archiving takes the threads out of search results. I can no longer find old posts easily.

Edited by Keatos, 05 June 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Yeah sorry I missed that announcement Mage, I don't read status updates all the time, but the one in the thread I should have noticed but I was away for about 2 months and that was during that time. It seems more of a big update opposed to a minor, but yeah now Keatos makes a pretty good point.

It's not that big of a deal, so if this is really how you want to keep it then fine. I'd suggest 1 year for auto archiving and hope you'll at least take that into consideration. But if not I suppose recreating threads isn't that big of a deal. 

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Alright fair enough, I will switch it to one year instead of it being six months.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

Alright fair enough, I will switch it to one year instead of it being six months.

Great thanks! That will fix my My Media issue.

Can you just let me know when it's done so that I can double check the thread that the attachments are in and bump it so that I'm safe for another year.

Thanks again Mage.

MageLeif
MageLeif

Tidal Trickster

• Administrator
  • 10,668 Posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Great thanks! That will fix my My Media issue.

Can you just let me know when it's done so that I can double check the thread that the attachments are in and bump it so that I'm safe for another year.

Thanks again Mage.

Your welcome, this thread has now been unarchived. Also, if you want I can unarchive your original Fable thread and then merge the new one with the old one.

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Your welcome, this thread has now been unarchived. Also, if you want I can unarchive your original Fable thread and then merge the new one with the old one.

I was actually going to request a merge of the two. That would be great!

Shulk
Shulk
  • Mario
  • 24,960 Posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

I request that someone unarchive this thread please:

http://nintendopipel...s-rhymes-rhyme/

I haven't written in a LONG time, but I do plan to again.

Thanks

Top Bunk
Top Bunk

Top Bunk

• Administrator
  • 15,542 Posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

The thread is now unarchived. Hope to see some new use of it!

bZCTZfr.png

Spoiler